HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2001, 02:19 PM
North Aurora, IL
Joined Mar 2000
400 Posts
Mitch,

Try www.radiocarbonart.com They sell a lot of videos, one in particular called" Electric Airshow" I have it and it has 400 pylon, F5B, etc on it. Great video!!! I fly some F5B and pylon stuff in an old soccer field in Oswego, not too far from Naperville. If interested, come on over and fly!!!
jimmy6819 is offline Find More Posts by jimmy6819
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2001, 02:46 PM
I'm disoriented!
Mt. Laurel, NJ, USA
Joined Aug 2000
948 Posts
Jimmy,

I thought you sold all your r/c stuff after your injury???
ChrisD is offline Find More Posts by ChrisD
Old May 24, 2001, 04:52 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Mitch,
I have the "Electric Airshow" if you would like to borrow it. The pylon racers are unbelievably fast.

Let me know I'll bring it to Lucent.

[This message has been edited by Sal C (edited 05-24-2001).]
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old May 24, 2001, 11:11 PM
Electric Columnist
Fuquay Varina, NC
Joined Dec 2000
784 Posts
I'd recommend both of the Electric Airshow videos from Radio Carbon Arts. They are the newest and best out there. Kirk Massey may have some of the ones done at KRC a few years ago if you want to see what used to be.
Greg Gimlick is online now Find More Posts by Greg Gimlick
Old May 25, 2001, 01:39 AM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
Electric Flight Videos

I haven't found a gaggle of e-flight veterans with all sorts of different planes and stuff around here in the Midwest (though I did finally meet Sal C). Reading the magazines gets me part way there, but I'm thinking a good video might allow me to understand more of this hobby.

All I know so far are speed 400 trainers with 8-cell 600AE batteries. But, I would like to see more. For example, I would like to get a better feel of what F5B ships look like and do. I would like to see in-flight examples of big planes with lots of batteries. I want to see different speed 400 planes in action. Stuff like that. I would like to get a better appreciation of the various electric flight competitions. What does a pylon race look like?

I've seen various videos advertised here and there, and mentioned in passing on the boards. But, I'm hoping I can solicit some reviews and recommendations.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old May 25, 2001, 10:08 AM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I checked out Radiocarbonart's website and I think that's what I'm looking for. In fact, if anyone is interested, they now offer a sampler video for $5.00 (including shipping) which provides an overview of their products PLUS a $5.00 coupon good towards your next purchase.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old May 25, 2001, 03:27 PM
Lithium Member
Irvine, Calif USA
Joined Feb 1999
12,177 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch:
...For example, I would like to get a better feel of what F5B ships look like and do. ...different speed 400 planes in action.
Mitch
S-400 pylon racers are pretty fast . So are 27-cell F5B planes .

Herb is offline Find More Posts by Herb