HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:09 PM
Carlsbad
Joined Jan 2006
40 Posts
Discussion
Micro Heli CNC Head; O ring bushing keeps popping out.

anyone with a uH CNC head;

With a current rebuild of my CP PRO and the CNC head, I'm having a problem with the Oring popping out between the center hub and blade grip. It's just about 25% of the bushing just peaking out of the washer side. It's not messing with my tracking or giving me any problems flying. the blade grips and and spindle are tight. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with any CNC heads after an initial crash with the CNC head. anyone????

thanks in advance.

Jeff
jefkawst is offline Find More Posts by jefkawst
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
add washers between grip and ring, is the gimble tight?
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old May 11, 2007, 06:09 PM
Crash
D.C.
Joined Apr 2007
8 Posts
Micro Heli O ring

I had an o-ring split...
I replaced with E-Flite stock orings. After a few flights they broke in nicely.

The micro heli o-rings are thinner and seemed to fit more loosely into and onto spindle. The e-flite orings were tighter causing tail to osscilate. But after break in period they work fine.
RChamberlain is offline Find More Posts by RChamberlain
Old May 11, 2007, 06:40 PM
Serg
Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Joined Apr 2005
247 Posts
I had the same problem. Especially, after I replaced the o-rings with firmer ones. I tried different washers between o-rings and grips but this did not work very well.

So, I filed aluminum inserts that go into the recesses of the rotor hub (under the o-rings) a bit. Now, the o-rings are a little deeper in the recesses and do not pop out. If the whole assembly is not tight enough after this procedure, the spindle shaft can be shortened a bit.

If you are going to do this, do not make those aluminum rings too narrow. Otherwise, you may loose dumping (partially or completely): the spacers betwen o-rings and blade grips will hit the rotor hub.

Sergey
Serg is offline Find More Posts by Serg