HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:50 AM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,626 Posts
Discussion
JR Transmitter Battery Connector

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a small online business called sailplaneworld which helps to subsidise my increasingly money gobbling hobby
As well as gliders I also sell battery packs. These though are only available with Futaba connectors. I have been trying to source the plugs that JR use on the end of the their Transmitter Battery Pack leads but have so far had no success in either finding what they are called or where I can get them. The plugs are quite small and generally a whitish colour. I have seen plugs named JST. Are these compatible.
Hopefully someone on here can help me.
Many thanks in advance.
Dave E
skirmish is offline Find More Posts by skirmish
Last edited by skirmish; Mar 21, 2007 at 05:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:45 AM
Pensacola Fl
Joined Mar 2006
50 Posts
[QUOTE=skirmish]I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a small online business called sailplaneworld which helps to subsidise my increasingly money gobbling hobby
As well as gliders I also sell battery packs. These though are only available with Futaba connectors. I have been trying to source the plugs that JR use on the end of the their Transmitter Battery Pack leads but have so far had no success in either finding what they are called or where I can get them. The plugs are quite small and generally a whitish colour. I have seen plugs named JST. Are these compatible.
Many thanks in advance.
Dave E[/QUOTE

Dave:

TanicPacks has the JR connector you are looking for and is a good place to do business with. They ship fast. and very reasonable in prices, too.

The JR battery connector will fit into the JST connector, as I have used one as a source for the other end of the connector that is in the radio. I have never been able to find the connector that is in the transmitter, so that is how I fouund out that the JST will fit.

Hope this helps you,

John
k4mon is offline Find More Posts by k4mon
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:06 AM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,626 Posts
[QUOTE=k4mon]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmish
I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a small online business called sailplaneworld which helps to subsidise my increasingly money gobbling hobby
Many thanks in advance.
Dave E[/QUOTE

Dave:

TanicPacks has the JR connector you are looking for and is a good place to do business with. They ship fast. and very reasonable in prices, too.

The JR battery connector will fit into the JST connector, as I have used one as a source for the other end of the connector that is in the radio. I have never been able to find the connector that is in the transmitter, so that is how I fouund out that the JST will fit.

Hope this helps you,

John
Hi John
Thank you for your reply. I've just looked at TanicPacks and they do indeed have the correct connectors. I will contact them to find out more information.
Can you just clarify one thing please. Are you saying that a JST plug fitted to the battery lead will fit correctly into the socket on a JR transmitter? Obviously as I intend to sell these packs I need to ensure that everything works correctly and most importantly safely.
Thanks again
Dave E
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:53 AM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,968 Posts
The small white connectors on the later JR transmitters and battery packs are in fact the JST connectors.

Jr Tx connector... 2way 1 row side entry header,2.5mm pitch MFR Number S2B-EH (LF) (SN)

Jr Battery Connector... 2 way crimp socket housing,2.5mm pitch MFR Number EHR-2

Crimp Connector (for Battery Connector) ... Crimp terminal,2.5mm pitch MFR Number BEH-001T-P0.6

Hope that helps,

theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Mar 21, 2007, 08:16 AM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,626 Posts
Thanks Mac Man. That's very helpful. I'll see if I can source them and hopefully have them fitted onto my battery packs.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:05 PM
I can't fly
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2006
1,868 Posts
Where can I find connectors

Mac-Man I searched the part number for the TX side connector and could not find anything with a picture in english. Do you by chance know where I can get a couple of the TX side connector, I have multiple packs for my JR radio and would like to be able to make a pigtail and charge the packs outside of the radio with my triton 2 at the field, thanks.
camoy is offline Find More Posts by camoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2008, 07:16 AM
Will fly for food
Maryland
Joined Sep 2004
8,424 Posts
A standard JST model connector (the crappy red things that RTFs come with) WILL plug into a JR Tx conenctor, but there i no polarity protection. NOT good for a product you will be selling.
Pinecone is offline Find More Posts by Pinecone
Old Feb 02, 2008, 05:09 PM
United Kingdom, Slough
Joined Aug 2003
1,968 Posts
The white JST connector does have orientation so unless you are really hamfisted, it is difficult to get the wrong way round.
theaton56 is offline Find More Posts by theaton56
Old Mar 28, 2009, 02:07 PM
UK, Sussex
Joined Jan 2009
568 Posts
Just to warn others, there are red JST connectors that won't connect to a JR battery. I have one in front of me.
Davee1 is offline Find More Posts by Davee1
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:04 PM
Electric RC for Me
Alexandria, VA
Joined Jul 2005
254 Posts
JR TX Battery Replacement?

I'm looking to buy a new battery for my ol reliable JR XF421EX Transmitter.

It has a 9.6v NiCd battery with a funny looking little white connnector. I don't even know how to disconnect it without screwing it up. Do I pull on it or push or pry it away from the side?

At any rate, I found this battery pack which if the size of 4 AA batteries it should fit in the TX battery box.

It has a JST connector, red. Do you think that connector will work in my JR TX?

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?products_id=2748

Mike
MikeVictor is offline Find More Posts by MikeVictor