SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 12, 2007, 01:05 AM
just winging it
Fairfield, CA 94533
Joined Oct 2006
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlusRC
Very cool servo trays - do they add much weight ?

i weight the both trays and screws about 1 once i didn't weigh the coroplas covers i used a straw to access between the servos and the radio compartment was looking for some aluminum could find any so i should be glassing tomorrow.i went out sloping wind was 15 mph nice.
john wing is offline Find More Posts by john wing
Last edited by john wing; Jul 06, 2010 at 03:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2007, 01:31 AM
More props are better than One
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly
Mr Postman delivered Tas's creation today. What a gorgeous plane ! Now to figure out the batteries and motor. Should be fun.

Vinnie
Vinnie , Glad to see it made it there ok... I may have over packed the plane, but I do believe you could have stood on it, and it would have been ok.
I bet it took a while to unpack it. I used a good bit of tape..
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old May 12, 2007, 08:21 AM
Central Alabama
Joined Mar 2004
146 Posts
Hey Tas, I'm down here in Prattville,AL. where are you in Bama ? I've got to have one of these 40" wings, do you build 'm for folks ? Thought me Super Flea was fast till I came back from SEEF a few weeks back. Those fellows were putting up some impressive numbers with those Demon wings.
Shoot me an E Mail at jstrong499@charter.net
Thanks,
Jamie
IFO Nut is offline Find More Posts by IFO Nut
Old May 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,883 Posts
Tas - I think they could have driven a truck over it and the contents wouldn't have been damaged. It was obvious you took great care - EXTREME care in packaging it. Kinda falls along the same lines as the build. It looked like a Zagi exploded on top of a Demon. I think a zagi is appropriate packing material for Demons
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old May 12, 2007, 01:37 PM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Its funny but all us ritewing guys have the most colorfull packaging Guess we have to have some thing to do with the zagi tape..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old May 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
yeah all that left over tape has to go somewhere
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old May 13, 2007, 10:41 PM
Rochester, NY
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,883 Posts
Maiden of Flame Demon

Maidened Craigs (Tas) built Demon today. I balanced the plane about 7.5 inches back by putting 3 oz's directly on the nose with flat weights. I started on 3S with a few experimental motors and couldn't find one that I liked. But the plane fle very well. I have some work to get a setup I like. I did open up one fast setup for a high speed fly by and it was certainly the fast. It slips through the air like no other plane. Seems many other planes have an upper limit where they hit a wall and require alot more power to go faster. I didn't get the feeling I was anywhere near the upper limit.

The Yellow flames looked too cool in the sun. It lit right up on a high turn.

I hear the Demon has to fly fast. I gotta say - it flew great slow. I had absolutely no problem landing and although I've seen many screaming fast landings by you guys - I had no problems with landings. I did have a little wobble on take off - but nothing more than one wing drop - then increase throttle and off she goes. It did glide forever. I went around about three times and made sure to face into the wind. Wind didn't seem to have much effect on this plane.

I didn't have a very symetric roll, so I need to work on the setup.

More when I get more time to fly. I'm very happy with this plane. I doubt I'm coming anywhere near it's potential - YET !

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Old May 13, 2007, 10:58 PM
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
Great.... Maiden Report....

I am glad all went well on the maiden... I think the more I fly mine the faster I want to go....
It don't seem to change anything when you go from fast to smokin fast Just needs less control movements.
Unlike another plane of which I want talk about, but rhymes with Ragie.

I am also glad to know you didn't put any new wrinkles in it... Unlike myself on my maiden..
BTW they don't fly tail heavy...
Doh, forgot to check balance. But being a tuff plane as it is, a little covering Iron work and all was well.

Vinnie when you get it all dialed in, then run a 4s to 6s setup .It will really come to life.
You will get that big WWwwwooooooHHHOoooo factor.
Old May 13, 2007, 11:04 PM
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
yeah all that left over tape has to go somewhere
LOL Your right, I couldn't thing of a better place to put the colored packing tape.
I bet this is the first time that packing tape did over 70mph and didn't flap LOL
Old May 15, 2007, 12:01 AM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
SUPER LIGHT mini demon

decided to build my mini demon, FINALLY.

depron elevons and wing tips. feigao motor phx 10 gws picos 2s 480 prolite. gws or berg 4ch rx.

should have her done tonight.

i think i'll use a piece of tape for a spar. i dont know yet.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Last edited by punkrockd; May 15, 2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old May 15, 2007, 06:57 AM
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,175 Posts
Looks like you have a good start.... I got one I need to get busy on.
I got a 3700kv JGF I wound a while back that is real light. It may be just the thing.
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; May 15, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:31 AM
just winging it
Fairfield, CA 94533
Joined Oct 2006
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
decided to build my mini demon, FINALLY.

depron elevons .

is that sronger then balsa wood and is it lighter were do you get it.looks good.
Old May 17, 2007, 12:36 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Depron is the same stuff meat package trays are made from. No its not stronger then balsa yes it is lighter then balsa. It snaps very easily, will easily mark with your fingernail. Its very stiff for foam. Only use foamsafe glues paints.

You can usually get it at hobby stores. Maybe even a craft store.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old May 17, 2007, 12:49 AM
just winging it
Fairfield, CA 94533
Joined Oct 2006
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
Depron is the same stuff meat package trays are made from. No its not stronger then balsa yes it is lighter then balsa. It snaps very easily, will easily mark with your fingernail. Its very stiff for foam. Only use foamsafe glues paints.

You can usually get it at hobby stores. Maybe even a craft store.

i was slopen the other day with my combat wing and snapped my Basia wood aileron i was thinking of different material to use stronger. do you slope much come to vacaville atom1025.i am think en of getting RW slope wing thicker ailerons.i only have 5 more to build whats 6 rite.
Last edited by john wing; May 17, 2007 at 12:56 AM.
Old May 17, 2007, 01:07 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
I have never sloped as there is only one slope in Sac and its over a river, the wind has to be right. Plus that site is a half hour from my house.

Punkrockd has been wanting to take me to the slope so maybe someday we will head out that way? Some day.
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025