jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2007, 08:01 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
40inch demon

maiden went smooth. adam launched her for me, i had to bring her back down to adjust the motor down, wanted to climb with power. its definatly fast and flew awesome after the adjustment, just a few clicks for aileron and elevator and it was railin. i need more flights with my demon. will have to order more batts.

also started building the 26inch demon core i got from ck., but after seein adam maiden his tl50 i'm gunna stop and build the 50 that is more my kind of plane then the demon.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Last edited by punkrockd; Apr 07, 2007 at 08:24 PM.
Old Apr 07, 2007, 09:00 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Wow, that grass looks so nice in the picture? Don't look that good in person.

Yep we had a flawless day for the two maidens. It was windy, prolly 15 steady 20-30 mph spurts. The sky was gray and blinding, the air slightly humid. The wind actually makes for a smooth launch and landing.Its really cool making a 2.5lb plane appear to be standing still or barely creeping along

The 50 is a dream to fly! After a smooth launch, a few clicks down and a few to the left and it was dialed! . Its a gentle beast when you compare it to the 40.

It was honestly the most comfortable Ritewing I have flown. At no point did I feel overwhelmed, or overloaded with adrenalin, felt like I had flown it 100 times before. Its responce was amazing, rolls were very clean, and as soon as I released the stick it would instantly lock on in that position.

Chris recommended the following setup as his favorite for the 50. I took his advice and have no regrets! Even with the big prop I did'nt notice any tourque issues, allthough the wind made it difficult to tell for sure.

AUW came in at 47oz
3s2p 3000mah pack
Het 4, w/ 7x5 apc
CC 60
225mgs
electron6
BEC w/300mah 2s
opto isolator

Ritewing addict #1025
Adam
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Apr 07, 2007, 09:25 PM
More props are better than One
United States, AL, Sumiton
Joined Nov 2004
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockd
but after seen adam maiden his tl50 i'm gunna stop and build the 50 that is more my kind of plane then the demon.
Yep the TL50 is a little tamer for me also, But once I get some more flight time on the Demon I think it will be a lot of fun....
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Old Apr 07, 2007, 10:01 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
maiden went smooth.
Nice work guys!!!! They can go pretty fast on 4s. Mine clocked about 110 mph today. That's fun, especially low. I got 7 flights with my TL 50 in the last 3 days. It's even fun to fly in real windy conditions. I went 15 months without crashing mine. Let a friend fly it a few weeks ago..........He crashed it. Let another friend fly it today........He crashed it. Then I was flying after that and I cought a gust of wind wrong and crashed too Minor repairs needed....man they're great planes!! Could probably fly tomorrow
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Apr 07, 2007, 11:15 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
appreciate the comment charger.

i'll be taking my demon out again tomorrow if weather permits.

i thought i was going to be completely nervous maidening my demon. adam threw up the tl50 first and flew flawless and when it was my turn i was nervous, thinkin maybe i'd be goin home broken. his flight was too good. but mine was awesome. honestly didnt feel nervous much after the second launch after the motor adjustment it flew so good i was really comfortable.

in all honestly i like the 50's ability to fly soooooo slow and then just rocket out. i flew by me and adam at full speed from a good dive and was prolly 3 ft off the ground just after passing us.i love the sound of the motor unloading in a big dive, one thing i'm not used to is the weight. i really enjoy a lighter wing loading with tons of power. i am really into rolling and turning. my demon was super smooth in turns, and i generally use expo but none on my demon and i'm glad. i swear i can feel everything with that plane and i know it will get better as i break my self into it more. i just want more run time. i am not scared of the speed.
Old Apr 07, 2007, 11:37 PM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
Slackramento ,CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,420 Posts
Congrats you guys .oh and my neighbor asked me what the heck he heard at the park the other day. tee hee
Danjuan is offline Find More Posts by Danjuan
Old Apr 08, 2007, 12:06 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger
Nice work guys!!!! They can go pretty fast on 4s. Mine clocked about 110 mph today. That's fun, especially low. I got 7 flights with my TL 50 in the last 3 days. It's even fun to fly in real windy conditions. I went 15 months without crashing mine. Let a friend fly it a few weeks ago..........He crashed it. Let another friend fly it today........He crashed it. Then I was flying after that and I cought a gust of wind wrong and crashed too Minor repairs needed....man they're great planes!! Could probably fly tomorrow
LOL I know how it goes Charger, Own mine I didn't get enough nose weight brain fart... and guess how it flys.. It was a ugly first toss.... Added some weight and it got much better, little motor adjustment and boy does it fly good....
Old Apr 08, 2007, 01:47 AM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
hey what is the biggest 3s2p pack i can get in the tl50. starting my build tomorrow.
Old Apr 08, 2007, 02:56 AM
LOVE TO FLY!!!!!!
Joined Oct 2006
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
Well I got started on my Demon Family... It is taking a while but I have made a little head way.
Should have one of the the 40" Demon's ready this weekend. Medusa MR-028-040-2500 on 4s...
The others will be done soon. The 46" Twin Demon will be next after the 40" ones. And the Baby Mini Demon Last...
I will be adding some Graphics to the Neon Pink Demon this week...
Have not made up my mind what I want to put on it yet.
But the reason it is Pink is to see it formost, Then when I out run a certian Gasser that hates to get out run.
Not only will he get beat by an electric, but a pink one at that.
I can hear it now "You let that Pink Electric Plane out run you". The ragging will begain...LOL
DAMMMMMMMMMM, I THOUGHT I LOVE FLYING WINGS!!!!!
COMBAT007 is offline Find More Posts by COMBAT007
Old Apr 08, 2007, 08:17 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,139 Posts
Quote:
hey what is the biggest 3s2p pack i can get in the tl50. starting my build tomorrow.
As weight or phisical size?

Weight of the battery in my TL50 is 14.35 oz 5s A123 I didn't add any nose weight with this battery, it came out just right. But when I used 3s2p 2100 I had to add 3 oz. they were only about 11+oz. So looks from my plane 3300mAh would be as big as I could use. Just depends on where you battery bay ends up and what motor you use. If I had an inrunner on my TL50 I could use a little larger battery. I have an outrunner and it is 1 1/2 oz's lighter than some of the lightest inrunners.

The battery bay is 6" x 4 1/2" on the TL where my Demon battery bay is 7" x 5 1/2"
Old Apr 08, 2007, 08:19 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMBAT007
DAMMMMMMMMMM, I THOUGHT I LOVE FLYING WINGS!!!!!

Hey you can never have to many wings

Untill you wife says thats enough hahahaha

Besides they fly any time. When gas planes are grounded because of wind I am flying.
Old Apr 08, 2007, 10:09 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
The 3s set up works great.My faveset up on the demon is the 4s a 4turn or a medusa 28/40 2500..The 3s and a 7/5 is no slouch either.
The 4s setup gives slightly better flight performance.
I can feel it track better w a smaller prop at higher rpms,it just has a little finer cotrol and tracking.
ck
Quote:
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Apr 08, 2007, 05:36 PM
Purples a fruit
Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,279 Posts
second flight went smoothly. and i was actually more nervous then the maiden. i sure am diggin high speed up close flyby's. WOOOOSH. then pulling up into an enormous loop. i just kept doin that for most of the pack.

the sound is so exciting.

just starting the 50 build.

i'm sure glad i didnt buy someone else's products
Old Apr 08, 2007, 05:45 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,766 Posts
Cool ,Wait til you fly the fity you will have differant wing dep on how you are feeling .it is like the best of both worlds.
Even the build is 1/2 the fun.And a challange to get better and better.
ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique