HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 23, 2007, 05:44 PM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGoFly
Nice build thread on that adapter ! One question - you cross in the middle of the connectors to make the S adapter - why not just turn one of the two adapters 180 degrees so you can go straight next door. You show this in your top photo. I wanted to make a couple of these S adapters since mine are too long and would like to know if that choice would not be OK ?
Vinnie
I had cut the solder section of the female deans connector where the esc plugs for something else. So it was trimed on the wrong side to clear the male pair where I would solder to. I would have done the more compact version as in the first picture if I had another connector. Besides the one I made up is mostly for charging not in-flight. That way I can charge my batteries as one 4s instead of 2 two 2s packs using to charge jacks. Now I just have to make up an adaptor to go from 2 felmale balance plugs to one male that plugs into my balancer. That way I can use my Xtrema Lithium charger that will go to an 8 amp setting on 10s. Also I will just use one balancer instead of using 2 as before when charging two 2s packs.
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2007, 05:54 PM
resU deretsigeR
PaulVi's Avatar
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
I had cut the solder section of the female deans connector where the esc plugs for something else. So it was trimed on the wrong side to clear the male pair where I would solder to. I would have done the more compact version as in the first picture if I had another connector. Besides the one I made up is mostly for charging not in-flight. That way I can charge my batteries as one 4s instead of 2 two 2s packs using to charge jacks. Now I just have to make up an adaptor to go from 2 felmale balance plugs to one male that plugs into my balancer. That way I can use my Xtrema Lithium charger that will go to an 8 amp setting on 10s. Also I will just use one balancer instead of using 2 as before when charging two 2s packs.
There is a more important reson behind doing it that way also you want to make sure both B+ are on the same side and bot -B are on the same side so that you can not cross connect them..
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 06:05 PM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
adopted child to my Demon Family

Well I have an adopted child to add to my Demon family.

This Demon was adopted at SEFF.... It is the one that was pan-caked at over 130mph when Jason Shulman hit some rollers a foot or two from the ground. He was doing some awesome things with this plane.
Flying a few feet from the ground at over 130mph then bank and yank...
along with rolls at the same speed no more than 3 foot from the ground.
It was something to see....

We had a few very windy days while there. The Wind would blow over the tall pines in the distance and cause rollers to go across the field.

But even still this wing was Built the RITE way by CK him self and had very little damage, considering how fast it was going when it hit.

I had a split in the front of the battery bay along with a few wrinkles.
I have gooped the split and plan on adding one carbon spar near the center section where the wrinkles were. Add a few glass layers with 3M-90 should be good to go. Also the servos didn't make it. But after a high speed crash I would replace them anyway.

I also have a few new items for my adopted child.
I have a Neu 1110 2.5Y along with a Castle Ph 80 esc.
That should bring this child back to life.... Along with 6s 4350mAh batteries.
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; May 24, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
mrj
Registered User
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
I ordered a demon last week built by CK. IT will be running cc80 and the neu 1110 2y on 4s or 5s. I guess at Mwe he ran this setup in place of another motor that burnt up .I think this was on a tl50.I'am curious how yours turns out , especially since im impatient and having a hard time waiting for mine.
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 08:27 PM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
I ordered a demon last week built by CK. IT will be running cc80 and the neu 1110 2y on 4s or 5s. I guess at Mwe he ran this setup in place of another motor that burnt up .I think this was on a tl50.I'am curious how yours turns out , especially since im impatient and having a hard time waiting for mine.
It's well worth the wait...

Chris had the 1110 2.5Y motor on his 7s Demon at SEFF.... That plane was awesome.....
Videos don't show the real speed as when you see this plane in person....
That plane did sustained 90mph in a vertical upline climb. And also was clocked on Radar at 178mph.
So this motor rocks as CK said... And it's not China made ... It's all American Made....
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Last edited by TaSaJaRa; Feb 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
mrj
Registered User
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
what mah lipos are in that 7s plane?
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2007, 10:26 PM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
what mah lipos are in that 7s plane?
7s 4500 eXtreme Series Thunder Power cells,
TP4500-4SX and a TP4500-3SX in series.
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 09:32 PM
Rochester, NY
JustGoFly's Avatar
United States, NY, Monroe
Joined May 2004
1,880 Posts
I let the reigns out a little on the Demon. 4.5x4 prop on a 3000 Kv motor on 3S. OK so I'm moving up slowly - but this has got to be well over 100 mph. It was scarey in a close flyby. It looked gorgeous and sounded alot less throaty than the video I previously posted. I have some 2S 20C packs on order and will pump 4S, then 5S and maybe 6S into this beast soon.

My other wing is being pushed 5S on 6x4 and I can not go full throttle since it will shake like crazy - obviously not a ritewing but still alot of fun and now tagged as a combat wing once I find someone willing to sacrifice a plane to the thrill gods.

No video but I'll post something a little less conservative soon.

Vinnie
JustGoFly is offline Find More Posts by JustGoFly
Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 10:53 PM
Luke 12:7
reefboy's Avatar
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
congrats on your adoption!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
Well I have an adopted child to add to my Demon family.

This Demon was adopted at SEFF.... It is the one that was pan-caked at over 130mph when Jason Shulman hit some rollers a foot or two from the ground. He was doing some awesome things with this plane.
Flying a few feet from the ground at over 130mph then bank and yank...
along with rolls at the same speed no more than 3 foot from the ground.
It was something to see....

We had a few very windy days while there. The Wind would blow over the tall pines in the distance and cause rollers to go across the field.

But even still this wing was Built the RITE way by CK him self and had very little damage, considering how fast it was going when it hit.

I had a split in the front of the battery bay along with a few wrinkles.
I have gooped the split and plan on adding one carbon spar near the center section where the wrinkles were. Add a few glass layers with 3M-90 should be good to go. Also the servos didn't make it. But after a high speed crash I would replace them anyway.

I also have a few new items for my adopted child.
I have a Neu 1110 2.5Y along with a Castle Ph 80 esc.
That should bring this child back to life.... Along with 6s 4350mAh batteries.
TaSaJaRa -
Congrats on your adoption! I talked to Chris a while after the incident and he had mentioned that that wing has been around for a while and had some good history. Sounds like it will continue to provide many hours of entertainment!

I am amazed at my TL50 and what additional carbon fiber and additional Henrys will do! Keep us posted. I'm sure we will see some stunning video from you in the near future
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 12:45 AM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefboy
TaSaJaRa -
Congrats on your adoption! I talked to Chris a while after the incident and he had mentioned that that wing has been around for a while and had some good history. Sounds like it will continue to provide many hours of entertainment!

I am amazed at my TL50 and what additional carbon fiber and additional Henrys will do! Keep us posted. I'm sure we will see some stunning video from you in the near future
Yeah.... I hope to have it ready by next weekend But I will have to run it on 5s till I get another set of batteries.... Even though that should be fun..

I got to come up with something new for this plane as far as Graphics goes.

These were the last few I have done..
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 01:22 AM
mrj
Registered User
Joined May 2007
92 Posts
Are your graphics made with vinyl stickers ? They look good
mrj is offline Find More Posts by mrj
Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa

I got to come up with something new for this plane as far as Graphics goes.

These were the last few I have done..
What I like to do for color combos and ideas is look through my hot rod magz, lots of inspiration in those things
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 12:00 AM
More props are better than One
TaSaJaRa's Avatar
United States, AL
Joined Nov 2004
2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
What I like to do for color combos and ideas is look through my hot rod magz, lots of inspiration in those things
That sounds like a good Idea....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrj
Are your graphics made with vinyl stickers ? They look good

Yes they are vinyl
TaSaJaRa is offline Find More Posts by TaSaJaRa
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 11:47 AM
Registered User
twilkers's Avatar
Livermore, CA
Joined Jan 2007
919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaSaJaRa
I got to come up with something new for this plane as far as Graphics goes.
I was just looking at the Indy cars today for the same reason.

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/twilkers/My%20Documents/airplane/TL50/color%20schemes/tim%27s%20TL50%20original.JPG[/img][img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/twilkers/My%20Documents/airplane/TL50/color%20schemes/tim%27s%20TL50%20original.JPG[/img]
twilkers is offline Find More Posts by twilkers
Last edited by twilkers; May 27, 2007 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2007, 01:53 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Atom1025's Avatar
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkers
I was just looking at the Indy cars today for the same reason.
Nice! I like it! Are those black spots on each side of the batt bay air scoops?
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures of my new Omega 1.8 !!! jshelton Electric Sailplanes 17 Aug 20, 2002 11:29 PM
Pictures of My New ELMH (redone gasser) Acer Electric Heli Talk 5 Feb 14, 2002 11:12 PM
Pictures of my CP Piccolo flying Eco8gator Electric Heli Talk 12 Jan 11, 2002 01:51 AM
Pictures of my X10 video setup (trying again) BEC Power Systems 0 Sep 16, 2001 01:59 AM
Pictures of my newly re-taped Zagi 177ichael Foamies (Kits) 7 Jul 31, 2001 03:52 PM