Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:14 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlierocks
They always say support your LHS or you wont have one! and for a long time I didn't locally, Now I have purchased all of my parts for my SC at this shop including a 7cell bat that I was charged $28 for they are always happy to help me with any questions I have, and are just generally nice. BUT the prices on some stuff seems way off, I was going to switch all my batts to APP connectersbut they wanted $2 a set thats double what they sell for on the NET.so I didnt buy any from them. I still plan on getting my DX7 from them but on some of the other stuff I buy (like batts) I'm gonna have to shop on-line.

Sorry guys
CR

Charlie. I always do what I can to help out my LHS too but with in reason. I bought my Super Cub from them because it was the same price as anywhere else but some things like batteries I get on line. I can get 3 lipos on line for what they charge for 1. I'm on a fixed income so I have to consider 'me' first and the LHS second.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:20 PM
BANDITRCN28
USA, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jan 2008
808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz
That's encouraging that it's a popular plane, it must be a decent flier then. I for one am looking forward to some SC float flying videos since we haven't been able to talk RTR into it...lol

hey Raz, i know what RTR can do take AP's of my supercub putting that large body of water to use.That would be cool!!!
happy flying....CVOYLES
cvoyles is offline Find More Posts by cvoyles
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:54 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashnBurn
See post 7443. it's still on there.
If you can't find it PM me and I'll send it to you.
CnB

Here is a pic. of the plane with art attached. She's a knockout!
CnB
I've been told to remove it, If anyone wants to see the nose art pic's I'll PM them to you.
CnB

That was pretty funny.

PM it to me!
cloud-9 is offline Find More Posts by cloud-9
Old Mar 24, 2008, 09:55 PM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood22
Now that is what this tread is all about!!!

You ask a ? then you get a quick response with great advice. I just wish i had more to Add.

FYI I asked about a battery charger a few back and in the battery / charger forum. It looks like the Hyperion EOS0606i is going to be the winner for me do any of you guys own this unit or someone with it Thanks again.

Happy Flying & stay dry. BILL

Either that or the cellpro 10s would be my choice.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:35 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Hey Crash. I hope you don't mind but I used that nose art on my T-28. I did change the back ground so it's not exactly the same anymore. I'd post a picture but it would get pulled too.

cvoyles. Now that's a great idea. Having RTR get some AP of you float flying a SC would be a great.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:22 AM
United States, NJ, Monroe Township
Joined Aug 2006
7,093 Posts
Update on SC Upgrade...

Well, a couple weeks ago, I said that I was going to upgrade my stock Super Cub. But now, I am deciding wether I should buy a whole other Super Cub, or a GWS E-Starter. Right now, I am trying to calculate the total cost each plane would be. So far, they are about the same. If I do go with the Super Cub, would you guys recommend going brushless? Or should I just going with the stock brushed motor, but with LiPo's?
BD Flyer is offline Find More Posts by BD Flyer
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
Prop me up
New Mexico, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Flyer
Well, a couple weeks ago, I said that I was going to upgrade my stock Super Cub. But now, I am deciding wether I should buy a whole other Super Cub, or a GWS E-Starter. Right now, I am trying to calculate the total cost each plane would be. So far, they are about the same. If I do go with the Super Cub, would you guys recommend going brushless? Or should I just going with the stock brushed motor, but with LiPo's?

I'm sure everyone has their take. Chuck who still visits here occasionally is a big fan of both planes. The Estarter already has ailerons and has a big cult following too. I asked him the same question, whether I should put ailerons on a SC or buy an Estarter to do my aileron training, he said since I am used to the Cub I should do the former. I think you can't go wrong either way.

My question to Chuck was evoked after I actually bought an Estarter when I saw how much they cost, but it was late at night and fortunately the next morning I was able to cancel it as Tower had not processed it. I didn't need one, I already am invested in the SC and it will be a fine aileron trainer. It's bigger and probably can handle our wind better. So it didn't make sense for me to have both. It seemed a better idea to invest my money in "moving up" planes rather than "moving horizontally" planes.

Jim
Old Mar 25, 2008, 03:41 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
U guys were looking 4 AP of the lake.Heres 1 coming in 4 a landing...RTR
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Mar 25, 2008, 03:46 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
tried a different cam. mount on this run.Turned out to be no good ,as u can see vibration removed some of the quality. But that sure is 1 sweet runway...RTR
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:51 AM
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
Quote:
I have both. I learned on the cub, and I am actually happy I left it stock. Its nice to be able to take it out for the first flight, give me some warm up time. The E-starter flies totally different than the Cub. If built properly, it is much lighter, and handles differently. I think this is a plus because it gives you a feel for something different while learning ailerons.
The_Fuzz is offline Find More Posts by The_Fuzz
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:12 AM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Hey guys, I already have a extra 8 cell battery from hobbyzone and im looking for some more. Are there any websites that sell some cheap decent compatible 8 cell nimh batteries for the supercub?

thanks

JW
JDOUBLEYOU is offline Find More Posts by JDOUBLEYOU
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:20 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:

After months and months of trying to decide the same thing I ended up buying a 2nd cub to go brushless with then in the very end I ended up just going with lipo and 10x6DD prop. I love this setup. The 2nd cub is still in the box.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:54 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:

My suggestion would be to go BL if you want more power. I ran a 3s lipo in my stock SC about 5 times and it really flew great but the motor was going out much faster. I tried flying it with the stock battery again and it didn't have enough power for a loop anymore and that motor had less than 75 flights on it.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:56 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOUBLEYOU
Hey guys, I already have a extra 8 cell battery from hobbyzone and im looking for some more. Are there any websites that sell some cheap decent compatible 8 cell nimh batteries for the supercub?

thanks

JW

I got the Elite 1500 mAh packs and love them, more power than the stock packs.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=439187
Old Mar 25, 2008, 09:29 AM
Geaux Saints
Grafton, Il
Joined Nov 2007
1,913 Posts
Raz is right these are the best. Better than the HZ. You don't need the upgrade.
$26 Best bang for the buck.

http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/mai...r=16&model=514

Howdy Raz!!
Hopalong X is offline Find More Posts by Hopalong X
Closed Thread