SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19, 2007, 05:26 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashiem
Has anyone had a problem with the supercub shutting off and coming back on, as I was flying it for the first time yesterday it started to shut off and come back on. it actually caused me to break the back piece of the fuselage. I glued it back and its good but it should not cut off like that, and it wasnt the bec cause after it crashed I ran it in front of me on full motor for 3 min before it cut off
Make sure you measure the Flight Battery Pack and make sure it is are 10 Volts or close to this level before you go fly as I suspect you did not charge the battery pack all the way.....

Then, make sure the ACT switch is OFF.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:15 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Steve_A_Reno's Avatar
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
I did a free flight glider release with the cub this evening before the rain started. Unfortunately it was a POS glider that I couldn't trim to glide very well. But the release worked great. I used a fishing line looped around the drop module cord and connected to the glider. Towed up and released at about 100ft. Release worked great. Glider nosed dived to earth. I think I will build a decent flier from some foam plate and balsa and give it another try.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Old Aug 19, 2007, 06:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2006
143 Posts
My painted Super Cub

I bought a SC a couple days ago,and just finished the paint job. I saw a video on you tube of someone with a SC,and I tried to copy closely his paint scheme because I liked the way it looked. I do have to paint in the window area though,but I thought I would make sure all the other paint has cured well first.
cpt.bhern is offline Find More Posts by cpt.bhern
Old Aug 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
The figure "9" Specialist
aeronca's Avatar
A Barrier Island in New Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2003
3,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.bhern
I bought a SC a couple days ago,and just finished the paint job. I saw a video on you tube of someone with a SC,and I tried to copy closely his paint scheme because I liked the way it looked. I do have to paint in the window area though,but I thought I would make sure all the other paint has cured well first.

Looks GREAT!

Aeronca
aeronca is offline Find More Posts by aeronca
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashiem
Has anyone had a problem with the supercub shutting off and coming back on, as I was flying it for the first time yesterday it started to shut off and come back on. it actually caused me to break the back piece of the fuselage. I glued it back and its good but it should not cut off like that, and it wasnt the bec cause after it crashed I ran it in front of me on full motor for 3 min before it cut off
This used to happen to me before I changed the connectors. The stock connectors don't like to stay together very well. If you are going to use them, make sure that the metal parts of the connectors slide inside of each other all the way. Alot of times, the wires get pushed out the back side of the connectors instead of sliding inside of eachother. I would be willing to bet that this was your problem. Like I said, it used to happen to me all the time. One time I lost the connection completely and the plane came down from about 100ft up. Good luck.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Wow, I am very iimpressed with Hobby-Lobby and Hobbyzone.com. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my cub so I could get it looking like new again last week whenever we were discussing the "real" tires and everything came in today already. The "real" tires are awesome by the way. I can't wait to put them on the cub. Now all we need to do is find a stronger landing gear setup than the wire that comes with the cub. Has anyone tried the setup that comes with something like the J-3 cub? It would be nice if I didn't have to bend my landing gear back into shape every time I landed.

By the way, I tried my 9 cell batt last night and it only flew for 6 minutes. I think I need to change my connections, and cycle the battery a few times. It should have lasted longer than that.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
Real Time Recon
realtimerecon's Avatar
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
Wow, I am very iimpressed with Hobby-Lobby and Hobbyzone.com. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my cub so I could get it looking like new again last week whenever we were discussing the "real" tires and everything came in today already. The "real" tires are awesome by the way. I can't wait to put them on the cub. Now all we need to do is find a stronger landing gear setup than the wire that comes with the cub. Has anyone tried the setup that comes with something like the J-3 cub? It would be nice if I didn't have to bend my landing gear back into shape every time I landed.

By the way, I tried my 9 cell batt last night and it only flew for 6 minutes. I think I need to change my connections, and cycle the battery a few times. It should have lasted longer than that.
The p.z. j-3 landing gear is worse than the one on our s.c.,but something should work,i agree we need a stronger gear w/out picking up a lot of wt. Maybe type of gear on 3-d planes ?
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
Real Time Recon
realtimerecon's Avatar
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
This would be a good mod.Anyone w/ any ideas ? Grass landings are tough on stock gear.
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon
This would be a good mod.Anyone w/ any ideas ? Grass landings are tough on stock gear.
Here's a landing gear mod.
http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/...ead=1185327728
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandus Gallus
I like that mod. I think I might try that sometime.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
Registered User
The_Fuzz's Avatar
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
Ya, I would love to not have to bend them back after EVERY landing. Even the good ones
The_Fuzz is offline Find More Posts by The_Fuzz
Old Aug 20, 2007, 03:21 PM
Real Time Recon
realtimerecon's Avatar
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandus Gallus
THANKS much think ill give it a try.
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:10 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fuzz
Ya, I would love to not have to bend them back after EVERY landing. Even the good ones
Our Italian friend did a wonderful job with his Main Landing Gear mods...however, I am a little perplexed in the STOCK main gear wire being bent upon every landing?????

I have NOT had any need to bend the main gear wire back to it's shape because of "normal" landing methods.....I land in Dirt, Grass Field, and smooth hard surface with an occasional hit with the curb

I just don't understand why the main gear is being deformed unless your model is very heavy and coming in hard.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:28 PM
Registered User
The_Fuzz's Avatar
Calgary, Alberta
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
Well, ok, not EVERY landing, but almost. They seam to bend backwards a little bit every time I land. When I first got it I had the stock wheels, and it would nose over every time. When this happens, the gear would bend a bit, so I bent them back. Perhaps the wire is just fatigued now and bends easier.

If I have perfect landings I can go 4 or 5 before I need to adjust them back.
The_Fuzz is offline Find More Posts by The_Fuzz
Old Aug 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
#include <rcstuff.h>
Redherring's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Jan 2006
691 Posts
I have yet to bend the landing gear....and I've dorked mine in the field during dead stick forced landings when I was still using the stock NiMH packs.

Maybe too high a descent rate? Flare people, flare.

Cheers, RH../
Redherring is offline Find More Posts by Redherring
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 6 Ron H Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 544 Feb 16, 2005 09:59 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 5 boomerace Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 793 Sep 13, 2004 08:01 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 4 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 824 May 31, 2004 01:00 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 3 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 639 Apr 11, 2004 11:17 AM
The Ultimate Slow Stick Help Thread - Part 2 Martin Hunter Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 565 Feb 17, 2004 10:35 AM