SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by DarkWolf, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 10:38 PM
Sir Crashalot
Murray, KY
Joined Mar 2007
224 Posts
Discussion
Waiting on parts made me do it!

Well, if you read my last blog post you've noticed I got and subsequently crashed my new Honeybee CP2. Since I don't have any good LHS I went online and found the parts I needed. I decided to order from HeliDirect.com, which has fare prices.

Unfortunately I made the order on the 14th and it's been sitting in "Processing" limbo since then. Because of this I decided to browse the for sale section on the forums.

EVIL they are! I've found WAY too much stuff that I want and am tempted to buy from you all.

One of the things I found was someone selling a Honeybee CP2 airframe with direct drive tail.

Heck, I couldn't resist. Just the sight of a CP2 intact (unlike mine) was enough to sway me so I PMed the seller. Gotta admit I did try a lowball, but finally jumped in at asking price.

So what are my plans for this airframe? Well, I thought for a minute that I'd hack it up for spare parts but you know, I just can't work up the heart to do that. I'll most likely be putting it in flying order.

It's already got the motors, just no servos or 4in1. I THINK that I have some micro servos that work. Else there's a source for E-Sky servos that I have for pretty cheap, so that's covered.

As for the 4in1 though I think I'll be trying to set it up with separates. I've already got 2 gyros on hand from back when I had my LMHs, plus a micro receiver. The only thing I'd need to buy there is a 2in1 (main/rotor) ESC mixer.

Who knows though. My wife may kill me well before that for getting back into (addicted) to this hobby again.
DarkWolf is offline Find More Posts by DarkWolf
to remove ads between posts