Morell, PEI, Canada
Joined Oct 2004
513 Posts
Discussion
Flying buddies turn couch potato

What do you do about former flying buddies who've gone back
to "civilian life"?
I'm talking about guys who were really good builders and flyers
who slipped into a pit of apathy, and nothing will pull them out.
I know its live and let live, but why am I seeing so much of this?
It gets lonesome!
east6008 is offline Find More Posts by east6008
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
lower Michigan-utica
Joined Dec 2005
286 Posts
More is the pity. I have noticed this also- I wonder if the cause is boredom due to the failure to advance to newer and more complex modes of thought and a lack of inquisitive spirit-It happened to me once, caused ( I think) by the pressure my mate was putting on me to give her 'more attention'. Working 12-7's and giving her most of the spare time I had- you know, kids, soccer, etc- wasn't enough,and my blowing off steam time was cutting into the 'sitting on the couch holding hands 'time. After 15 years of phycological torture, the second time she said ' If you don't like it, get the **** out, I did. Should have seen the look on her face! I gave her everything just to excape.
20 yr's later, I am not regretting it a bit. I am having a blast with the little foamie "A-A's and like that.
So, you see what men go through can be a mix of many things. And when you watch T.V., you turn your brain off. ( To kill the pain?)
Just my .02
11 Bravo, out
Forgive me Mr. Moderator- I am too long winded.
widgeteer is offline Find More Posts by widgeteer