Quest for Speed!!!
Fremont,CA
Joined Aug 2005
1,190 Posts
New Product
new mirage 2000 at hobby lobby

check this out
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/mirage.htm

25" wingspan, 38-1/4" long, 19 oz. flying weight. All molded bead foam construction, pre-painted with electronics pre-installed. The radio is a 4-channel 72 MHz transmitter with a 6-channel receiver. Three pre-wired 9-gram servos control the elevons and the steerable nose wheel, which is pre-installed. Assembly is quick; the main wings are "keyed" to the fuselage for perfect fit and must be glued with epoxy. 20 amp speed control and ducted fan unit with powerful inrunner brushless motor is pre-installed and ready to run. Power is supplied from the included 3-cell Lipoly battery. A dedicated wall plug-in Lithium battery charger is included for charging at home (for quick field charging order ETC2500, available separately). The tricycle landing gear provides good ground handling; takeoffs from a smooth surface are quick. Mirage is a smooth performing aircraft, rolls are axial, inverted flight is
easy and the flight speed is moderate. The delta wing will slow down well for landing and still remain very stable. Flight times are in excess of 10 minutes.

what do u guys think??? anyone already have it???
Mike_eee is offline Find More Posts by Mike_eee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:18 PM
Seattle WA
Joined Jan 2002
207 Posts
It looks like it flies really well. Too bad they dont sell the airframe by itself or I would get one and repaint it in a gray camo scheme.
Mig17 is offline Find More Posts by Mig17
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:41 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
oh man! that thing flys great! it would be sweet...but i cant afford that much. id also like a bare bones version...c'mon HL, you guys can do that cant ya? youd seel a ton that way! really looks great in the air. cant wait to see more of them around!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:11 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,651 Posts
Oh Baby that's purty! It needs an XF and JS on 4s though
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Mar 16, 2007, 01:37 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,937 Posts
Is that the same as the Kamdax Mirage or slightly different? I don't recall the length of the kamdax, don't even know if you can still get them, mine's in the garage unbuilt, it will need an intake mod, too small up front.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:08 PM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,467 Posts
I wish they had an arf available. Anything else is waste of hard earned money.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:16 PM
Permanently Banned
Joined Apr 2003
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Oh Baby that's purty! It needs an XF and JS on 4s though

That new mirage 2000 is about the size of the Kamdax Mirage 2000.
And I flew the Kamdax with 68mm minifan fan .
Rule of thumb For ducted fan jet:
"the larger the fan you can put in the jet the better, period."
rcguy01 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy01
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2006
2,627 Posts
Interesting. Looks a bit slow, though. What kind of flight time should I expect on that 1200mAh included battery? What exactly is a "dedicated wall charger"? Does that mean that the battery doesn't have to be removed from the plane to charge? What C rate is the battery?
Sorry about all the questions, but I've learned to ask a lot of questions before putting out more than $200 for a piece of foam. I'm a bit disappointed in my Red Arrows hawk, and don't' want to make that same mistake again.
Sure wish I could find a jet that was quick and not made of foam for $200 or less.
Toker is offline Find More Posts by Toker
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:05 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toker
Interesting. Looks a bit slow, though. What kind of flight time should I expect on that 1200mAh included battery? What exactly is a "dedicated wall charger"? Does that mean that the battery doesn't have to be removed from the plane to charge? What C rate is the battery?
Sorry about all the questions, but I've learned to ask a lot of questions before putting out more than $200 for a piece of foam. I'm a bit disappointed in my Red Arrows hawk, and don't' want to make that same mistake again.
Sure wish I could find a jet that was quick and not made of foam for $200 or less.
You'll get at least 10 minutes of flight time. The battery is removeable and has a neat little hatch on the bottom to get to it. It comes with a wall charger, but you'll probably want to use your own field charger anyway. I'm not sure what C rating is on these batteries. All I can tell you is that it is way fun to fly and lands like a dream.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:06 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,651 Posts
You can it's called the Kyosho Illusion.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,781 Posts
And Bruff has a RTF one with electronics for sale right now in the Jets Classifieds here on RCG! (An Illusion that is!)
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:36 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Joined Jul 2004
27,651 Posts
I would love to get one of these Mirages! Ie looks like a great edf trainer. It's not advertised as the hottest key out there, it's meant to bed exactly what it is. If they do offer them as ARF's, I'm sure they will sell out very quickly
Old Mar 16, 2007, 08:45 PM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Oct 2005
702 Posts
I like this one better.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651632
mode101 is offline Find More Posts by mode101
Old Mar 17, 2007, 12:14 AM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
That looks slick ! and where can I get some of those cooling fins for the motor?

Earl
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old Mar 17, 2007, 05:28 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mode101
That one is actually smaller. it has a 21" wingspan compared to the one Hobby-lobby is offering at 25"
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq