SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:42 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Curious, how did you find it? I did a search for Bristol, F2B, and even your name. Got mostly my build as hits.

erich
erich is offline Find More Posts by erich
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2007, 04:55 AM
New Orleans/Metairie/Eunice/Mamou
Joined Dec 2005
117 Posts
Thanks Yall!!!!

Tim there is a 3 day Warbird event outside of Lake Charles in 2 weeks... You going? Houston only couple hours from there
Ace_in_a_cloud is offline Find More Posts by Ace_in_a_cloud
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:46 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Cowl and Prop

Finally got around to putting cowl and prop on. I had taken a whole bunch of photos, of the plane all assembled, before I installed the engine. Seemed to have misplaced them, am pretty sure I downloaded about 10 or so good photos. Must have put them in the wrong folder, by mistake. Guess I'll just have to put wings, wheels, and struts back on again. It's a small apartment so I can't leave the plane assembled for to long. If any of you guys build this plane, or any biplane, take some advice, use allen (socket) head screws on all the breakdown stuff, or at least phillips. I did use em on the undercarriage but not the 4-N struts, and 8-cabane struts.

green air

erich
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:50 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Erich :
Quote:
Curious, how did you find it? I did a search for Bristol, F2B, and even your name. Got mostly my build as hits.
I clicked on Scale Fuel Planes and scrolled all the way down to the (Display Options) and next to "From The" I picked a much latter date/time and then just looked at the thread tittles. http://www.rcgroups.com/scale-fuel-planes-37/

Wow !! Your plane is looking great, especially with those wheels and that clown does look pretty neat I must admit.

Ace_in_a_cloud :
Quote:
Tim there is a 3 day Warbird event outside of Lake Charles in 2 weeks... You going? Houston only couple hours from there
That does sound cool but I dont know if I can make it.
Are you going ? It would be neat to meat someone from the forums wouldnt it ?
But I will have to see if things ease up on me around here.
Ive been having to work so much and I have some familly stuff going on and my Mom is sick so I for sure cant promise nothing but thanks for asking and I'll get back with you if it looks like I can go.
If I can go I'll PM my telephone number and we will go from there.

SEEYA GUY'S , TIM
Tim Farrar is offline Find More Posts by Tim Farrar
Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:54 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Never noticed that stuff at the bottom. Alway used the search. Tried using it, works better than the search. Now maybe I can find some of the older builds.

erich
Old Jun 15, 2007, 06:15 AM
New Orleans/Metairie/Eunice/Mamou
Joined Dec 2005
117 Posts
It's all good Tim. I still dont even know yet if I'll be able to make it myself... It's only bout a hour or so from me but I also have so many things holding me up lately....
Ace_in_a_cloud is offline Find More Posts by Ace_in_a_cloud
Old Jun 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Puppeteer Done

All control surfaces have been set to recommended throws. And some good news, have found the photos I took before putting in the engine, and cowl. So here they are. Nothing left to do but put her together and balance her. Will save the decals and insignias for a later time.

erich
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:01 PM
Balsa for me, thanks.
Yalova, Turkey
Joined May 2007
835 Posts
Wow, good work!! Let me be the first to say Congradulations for a job well done!
irish_lord99 is offline Find More Posts by irish_lord99
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:14 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Great job erich, as always...looking forward to the flight report!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Jun 16, 2007, 07:02 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Erich :

It really turned out nice !!

SEEYA, TIM
Old Jun 17, 2007, 03:06 AM
Southampton ,England
Joined Oct 2006
770 Posts
Looking good! Like the U/C, very classy.Once you get the warped wing sorted, she,ll fly lovely..

Any idea of overall weight ? Looks light. Its a bit like guess the weight of the baby competition!

Are you gonna put a gun on it ?
adamtc is offline Find More Posts by adamtc
Old Jun 17, 2007, 04:53 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Sorted, sorted, I spent a lotta time getting it warped, so it's stayin that way. Don't really have a scale to weigh it, so really have no idea. Just have a small hobby type scale that goes to only about 2 lbs or so. No gun for now, can always do that later. Need to make some money so I can get a starter kit. Got nothing, no battery, no fueler, no fuel, no field box, no whatever the thing is that supplies temporary juice to plug, no tach. Need to put it together to see how it balances. Right now am caught up in finishing a glider I started 2 years ago.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

erich
Old Jul 22, 2007, 04:53 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Erich :

Just woundering if you got your field equipment yet to fly your plane or if you have flown it.

SEEYA, TIM
Old Jul 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,597 Posts
Hello Tim

Had to put off working on planes for awhile. Had a shoulder operation, a few weeks after finishing most of the Puppeteer. Been a few weeks since the operation now, and am hoping to get back to the build bench in another week or two. Have yet to balance plane, which will be the first thing I do. No, haven't gotten any of the stuff to fly her. Hate to say this, but I might have to sell the Pup, before I ever get it in the air. Been out of work for quite awhile now, and it will most likely be another month before the doc gives me the ok to get back to work (the making money kind). Anyway thanks for the interest.

Nice shot of the underside of your Bristol's hood. Love those exhausts. Looks like you'll be getting it in the air before the Pup flys. Real nice job.

erich
Old Jul 22, 2007, 10:51 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Erich :

Thanks for the nice compliments of my Bristol.

Man, I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. I went through a back sergery a few years ago and I am still recovering from that myself finacially.

I had insurance but insurance just helps, they dont actually pay for all like they lead you to believe. I had to live off of charging a card for my bills and I still owe around $8,000.00 but to tell the truth I did charge stuff I wanted also.
I kinda got depressed and just did stupid stuff but anyway I just want you to know that I understand what you are going through and I truley hope all works out great for you and I'll add you in my prayers.

Take care and I'll SEEYA, TIM