HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2007, 04:32 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
In re: was it some local event?

Well it did make the papers. Something to do with tea. Probably one of the Colonists, spilt some tea, and of course some King (George I believe) took offense. So the SMALL colonists had to, you know....kick his LARGE royal aaaaa....crown. Course you probably know the rest. If not will be glad to send you our version of history.

Green air

erich
erich is offline Find More Posts by erich
Last edited by erich; May 31, 2007 at 05:37 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2007, 05:44 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
Fuselage Covering Continues

The cabane wooden strut thingees are stained, urethaned, and polished. Before applying the (minwax polyshades) sealant, had to cut the wood covers down in size. They were too wide. So did a little trim job, and cut off about 1/4" of width. They look a little more scale, now. Covered the rest of the forward fuselage. Even managed to do a reasonable job around the hatch area.

Sooo....have arrived at another one of those things that most modelers aren't to crazy about, and definitely not me. Gluing on of the H. and V. stabs. Gonna give it a day or so, in order to make myself even more nervous. Maybe get out and do some glider flying, it's been pretty warm and sunny last couple of days.

erich
Old May 31, 2007, 09:57 AM
Southampton ,England
Joined Oct 2006
770 Posts
Looking good erich. Put the cowl on will you to see how it looks....

Ah you mean that old quarrel in 1776? I did recall some footnote in the Times but not much else. As long as the tea keeps flowing, us brits are happy.

I assume and hope you have looked after the place whilst we have been regrouping?
adamtc is offline Find More Posts by adamtc
Old May 31, 2007, 10:15 AM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
Brazil, RJ, Miguel Pereira
Joined Apr 2007
919 Posts
Itīs looking GREAT!
Wilian Amaral is offline Find More Posts by Wilian Amaral
Old May 31, 2007, 11:58 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
Adam

Sure have, been taking care o the place but....you'all come back anytime. We'll get the tea bags ready....

erich
Old May 31, 2007, 01:56 PM
Southampton ,England
Joined Oct 2006
770 Posts
http://petespilots.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Thats the pilot sorted......click on ready painted busts, so to speak....
Old May 31, 2007, 02:58 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
If I was to get one of them, Cedric would be my choice, love the teeth. He looks just like Terry Thomas (greatest Brit of all time). But am sticking with ye olde home made clown guy. He adds a touch of class to the plane.

erich
Old May 31, 2007, 05:48 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Adam :
Quote:
I assume and hope you have looked after the place whilst we have been regrouping?
That was priceless

And Terry Thomas has got to be that British actor I always liked because that little pilot looks just like him.

By the way I have seen Petes pilots on ebay before also.

Erich, your plane is looking great and dont worry about them V's and H's !

I dont know how in the world I did it but I glued my V on my Jungmiester crooked as heck and it flys great.
I do have to adjust quite a bit of right rudder to fly straight

At least if I were going to screw up like that I could have done it against the thrust !! But I didnt !!

SEEYA, TIM
Tim Farrar is offline Find More Posts by Tim Farrar
Old May 31, 2007, 06:39 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
Thomas was in ' It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World".

What the heck is that white thing sticking up behind the wing? Is that the pilots luggage or something?

After many planes I still tend to put off things like adding stabs, joiner rod glue ups, anything that can make the plane either fly or look crooked. It's kinda dumb, cause only once did it turn out badly, when I soldered and then glued in the flap linkeage on a full house glider. It all lined up nicely, except I had soldered it in upside down. Which basically resulted in flaps going up 90 deg instead of down. Pretty freaky the first time I tested em and that happend.

erich
Old May 31, 2007, 07:31 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Erich :
Quote:
What the heck is that white thing sticking up behind the wing? Is that the pilots luggage or something?
Thats two bears, a white bear and a little yellow bear wrapped in plastic because I was going to fly them around but it wouldnt quit raining.
I had them wrapped up to keep the fuel off them if I had been able to fly them.

Quote:
After many planes I still tend to put off things like adding stabs, joiner rod glue ups, anything that can make the plane either fly or look crooked. It's kinda dumb, cause only once did it turn out badly, when I soldered and then glued in the flap linkeage on a full house glider. It all lined up nicely, except I had soldered it in upside down. Which basically resulted in flaps going up 90 deg instead of down. Pretty freaky the first time I tested em and that happend
I bet that was a shock !!!

SEEYA, TIM
Old May 31, 2007, 09:09 PM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
I'm sorry I asked...sounds like you may have been out in that Texas sun to long. If you didn't want the bears to get wet, didn't it occur to you, to bring an umbrella for em. Smartin up.

Shock, figured I had just moved into the twilight zone.

erich
Old Jun 01, 2007, 07:21 AM
Southampton ,England
Joined Oct 2006
770 Posts
Tim,

The pilot in the hannibal is made by a firm called Assagai. Sadly they no longer trade but stock is still out there in circulation.

$20 for a painted, clothed pilot.
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:31 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
Horizontal Stabalizer

Ok....time to add H. stab. Using 30 min epoxy for this. Figured 5 min. is just not long enough to make sure of all alignments. And 3 hr. stuff is to long, enough time for lots of other things to go wrong. Added a little cabosil to epoxy. Thickens it up just enough to fill small voids, but not so much as to weaken bond. Used T pins to help pre align stab, then pulled them out before epoxy is fully cured. Aligned stab using measurements from stab tips to wing tips. Aligned parallel to wings visually, hope the eyes are still working well. All went very smoothly, so something is probably wrong.

erich
Old Jun 02, 2007, 08:39 AM
Holden , Massachusettes
Joined Feb 2004
2,595 Posts
Adam

Just saw those 3 Pup color schemes. And you squashed my orange / green theme? My idea was pretty tame compared to the 1st and 3rd scheme. Makes the covering job I settled on, look like something Miss Marple would fly. Good job digging up the different ones.

erich
Old Jun 02, 2007, 06:00 PM
Bi-Planes
Houston Texas
Joined Apr 2006
1,589 Posts
Adam :
Quote:
The pilot in the hannibal is made by a firm called Assagai. Sadly they no longer trade but stock is still out there in circulation.

$20 for a painted, clothed pilot.
Thanks Buddy, I like your taste.
I will do a search sometime and see if I can locate some of the remainders.

That great price may be the reason they went out of business.

Guess what !!
I found a hobby shop that has more scale stuff to check out than most hobby shops.
I say it like that because they still arent stocked real good but better than most.

I dont know about over there but here hobby shops pretty much just stock for the ARF pilots now.
I guess its more money in ARF's because you very seldom see planes like Erich's Pup at the field. All you see now are ARF's.

Erich :

The Pup is just looking great !!
The slower epoxy is, the better the bond, it gets a chance to enter the wood a little and it also dries harder.
I usually use the 30 minute stuff myself though and I have never had a problem with it.

Oh ! By the way ! The raincoat on the Bears was to keep fuel off but it wouldnt quit raining so I could fly them. I was going to make a video for the fun of it.

SEEYA GUY'S , TIM