HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:01 AM
Micro Zippy
Seattle
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
Discussion
MicroInvent actuators working with Plantraco .9g Rx?

The title pretty much says it:

Can the MicroInvent actuators work with Plantraco .9g Rx? What do I have to do; just clip off the included plug and solder on a nano connector?
jconwell is offline Find More Posts by jconwell
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2007, 01:48 AM
Realtired User
San Jose, California
Joined Oct 2004
870 Posts
That should do it. The wiring looks to be Litz wire, so when you cut them, you may end up with some frayed strands of small magnet wire. For each of the leads, just twist-together any frayed strands and tin them by running them through a droplet of solder on the end of your iron (flux helps). Careful not to accidentally mix up strands from the other lead, as this will short the actuator. Then, slide your heat shrink over the tinned leads and solder them to the nano connector.

Mark
mharms is offline Find More Posts by mharms
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Yep,

The 0.9g 3Ch receiver can handle actuators down to 20 Ohms or so - basically any magnetic actuator will be fine.
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:02 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconwell
The title pretty much says it:

Can the MicroInvent actuators work with Plantraco .9g Rx? What do I have to do; just clip off the included plug and solder on a nano connector?
If you are planning on tossing the MI connectors, I'll pay you the postage and a small token for them.
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
Micro Zippy
Seattle
Joined Oct 2006
451 Posts
I havent purchased anything yet, but I'm just trying to figure out my options. I've invested in the plantraco reciever / transmitter. Now i just want to know what non-plantraco components can be used with it.
jconwell is offline Find More Posts by jconwell