Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
Troutdale, Oregon, United States
Joined Oct 2003
288 Posts
Discussion
jerry Behrens plan service-Travel Air

In High Flight article vol. VI page 8 1983-Chuck Spencer reviews: Travel Air 4000-Jerry Behrens.
In this article it mentions a plan of Jerry Behrens --99 inch wingspan. it has other details and then---in the last paragraph says "A good sixty size model ot the Travel air D4Dand article are obtainable from Model Builder Magazine,
these were published in November 1978. The article earlier mentions Behrens Plan Service (no more) and states; "A partial kit and a full kit are available also (in addition, to the 99" inch plans)
Help locating kits or plans or original articles would be very helpful. I know it is old, but then so are many of us!
PETER
personal email is petergkl@comcast.net
peterpont is offline Find More Posts by peterpont
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:01 PM
Canada, ON, Kingston
Joined Aug 2000
2,012 Posts
Bill Northrop used to handle the old MB plans. Google his name and I'm sure you'll find it.

Martin
Martin Irvine is offline Find More Posts by Martin Irvine
Old Mar 16, 2007, 07:45 AM
Joined Sep 2004
13 Posts
Jerry Behrens passed away 6/9/05
As for his plans the originals and most of the equipment was sold to a person with little or no interrest in rc or his plans service. [don't ask] Fortunatly his plans were popular and and can be found in some of the "for sale" forums. try posting in the "item wanted" some one should have a set they'd part with.
Good luck
Dan
two wings is offline Find More Posts by two wings
Old Mar 18, 2007, 08:33 PM
Kaiser Willi
New York State
Joined Mar 2007
3 Posts
Have Behren's JB Special, Fleet 1-7 Bipe, Travelaire 2000 and Fokker D.VII plans, if anyone needs these.

W
Kaiser Willi is offline Find More Posts by Kaiser Willi
Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2003
288 Posts
Bill Northrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Irvine
Bill Northrop used to handle the old MB plans. Google his name and I'm sure you'll find it.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I have contactes Bill and ordered his D4D plans-60inch ws
Peter
Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:28 PM
Joined Oct 2003
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Willi
Have Behren's JB Special, Fleet 1-7 Bipe, Travelaire 2000 and Fokker D.VII plans, if anyone needs these.

W
The Travel Air 2000-what WS is it? and so close to the D4D that I might want to use it. Cost?
Thanks for responding
Peter