HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by NumbSkull, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:32 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
Sold
Upgraded Blade CX2 with extras

For Sale: Upgraded Blade CX2 with extras.

Upgrades include:
Vortex motors (VERY low run time, but enough time on them to know that they are good ones!!!)
Vortex Inner and Outer Shafts
Vortex Flybar
E-Flight Alloy Flybar Head
E-Flight Motor Heat Sink
Removed RX Case
Moded Canopy for cooling and for gyro adjustment

Extras Include:
New - Never used 900 mah True RC Lipo
Original Outer Shaft
New Extra Outer Shaft
Original Inner Shaft
New Extra Inner Shaft for Alloy Head
Original Motors (VERY low run time)
Original Fly Bar (has a bend in it from storage not from in-flight damage)
Extra Blades

Also Includes: Original Lipo (maybe 15-20 flights), lipo charger and wall adapter, screw driver, transmitter, box, cd, instructions....

I bought this on New Years eve.. The guy at the LHS let me fly the shop's CX2, and next thing you know, I'm walking out with one... Being that I can't leave well enough alone... I soon started to hop it up a bit. I replaced the motors, the inner and outer shaft, inner shaft/flybar head, the flybar.. etc... The hop ups have made a noticeable difference in it's performance. It's quieter now, and has much more power. I also moved the control rods out a notch on the servo arms to get more control out of it...

I flew it around the gym a few more times, and then I lost interest in it... Poor thing has sat on the shelf since the end of Jan. Why let it go to waste??

It has never been in a "crash" I have tipped it a time or two and have had to replace a few blades. The body has a few cracks in it, most from being removed for modding of the heli. I've put tape on the cracks, and it's held up just fine. When everything is buttoned up, you can hardly see the cracks. I've posted photos of the cracks.

The heli has a very tiny wobble to the top blade. It was like this out of the box. I have replaced the outershaft and later the outershaft and innershaft (with the hop ups) looking for the wobble. While replacing the inner and outer shafts with the vortex gear, I found the problem. The bottom bearing for the inner shaft is bad. The inner race of the bearing is wobbly. This is an easy fix. The part can be found here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1121 This does NOT effect it's flight. It only makes the top blades a bit wobbly at low RPM. It flies just fine the way it is.

Outside of that.. this is in excellent shape. It has very low time on it. In fact the batteries in the TX are still the originals that came with it. It's been sitting, and summer is coming, and I know I wont be flying it anytime soon, and there are other goodies that I'm wanting... So she must go.

$175 for all of it, and I'll ship it to you priority with delivery confirmation.

Looking at the pics, I see I didn't get the CD in any.. Please note: The CD is included!!
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Last edited by NumbSkull; Mar 11, 2007 at 11:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
will you ship to u,k mate?
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:24 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Let me know where and how, and I'll check into the cost.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:38 PM
sticky toed flyer
Methuen, Mass, United States
Joined Sep 2004
371 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Hey Noah,
I'll take it if it's still available.

I was looking at your trader rating and how could you have been here so long and
only dealt with Brian once you call yourself a trader? lol

send over your pp info and I will tansfer payment as soon as I get it

Thanks
Rick
reptilerick is offline Find More Posts by reptilerick
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:08 PM
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Oh.. I've dealt with Brian MORE then once..... Many, Many, Many more times...

I just holler at him now when I need something.. I don't wait for him to put it on here...

PM Sent...
Closed Thread