HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Harv, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
Discussion
Phase two

The indoor times...

Once fall 06 arrived I re inflated the Micro Blimp for a bit of indoor entertainment. Wondering if Plantraco had come out with a newer version over the last couple of years I typed their name into Firefox and hit the enter key.

And the rest, as they say, is history. Seeming to leap out of my monitor was the coolest looking little airplane I'd ever seen. It wasn't scale, it wasn't cute, it was just cool and it was the Carbon butterfly living room flyer. I then found the appropriate forum for these planes on RCGroups, and started devouring threads about these planes and Plantraco equipment. Before I knew it I had a Carbon Butterfly, MicroScout and a couple of MicroRacers from Plantraco. An Okie Bipe and scale looking (I love scale aircraft) Christen Eagle from BSD Micro followed soon after. I then made arrangements to rent time in an old high school gym to fly in, and have flown the wings off of all these great little models all winter.

I figured that R/C couldn't get any better than this, what with having helicopters to fly outside in the summer, and micro airplanes for indoor flight during the winter.

And then I made the mistake of clicking the Hobby Lobby banner at the top of RCGroups, and the third phase was upon me...
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Last edited by Harv; Mar 11, 2007 at 05:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts