HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4fun
So what is the deal here. Tower always is out of stock but are you guys Back ordering and they will ship anyway.
Just like Tower tells you - they ship backorders first - before they stock the shelves. They also stock Hobby Shops first before they stock Towers shelves.

Most of the large suppliers do this. Tower likely shipped all it's backorders and stocked their LHS distributors and there were none left for inventory. Common on new items.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:59 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Ok thanks for the Info PDA.
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Mar 19, 2007, 05:58 PM
Joined Jul 2006
11 Posts
I pre ordered it as soon as they offered it. They must have 'pre sold' all of their first order though since the last time I looked the delivery is late April for new orders.
mmillerr is offline Find More Posts by mmillerr
Old Mar 19, 2007, 06:41 PM
Joined Mar 2007
19 Posts
Futaba Support (Hobbico) was useless.. The guy said ."That just came out last week.. I don't even know if any testing has been done for compatibility."

Ummm.. WHAT!? So as it stands now, the 6EX Fasst Receiver does NOT run the Helimax AXE CP's stock 3-in-1. Servos work great, swash set, etc.. Nothing but moving the sticks rapidly in random directions even got a twitch out of the motors. Futaba came to the conclustion that, "It sounds like a pulse incompatibility between the receiver and the 3-in-1. Sorry."

I shoulda went with the DX6 in the first place, but the Futaba (If it works in the real world) is "Full Range" with their micro receiver instead of being a Park Flyer only set or upgrading to the DX7 with their Dual Antenna design.

(PS: Yes, the DX6 works with the stock 3-in-1 as a couple people at my LHS have them setup that way..)
VBDave is offline Find More Posts by VBDave
Old Mar 19, 2007, 07:43 PM
College Station, TX USA
Joined Dec 2003
1,811 Posts
I have been using this system for a while now in many, many applications, from Hornet X3D to a Trex 600! No problems what so ever. The transmitter has a nice feel to it, and of course the specs are right up there with the 12 and 14. For those that are looking for 2.4ghz, this is my number 1!

Nick
Nick Maxwell is offline Find More Posts by Nick Maxwell
Old Mar 19, 2007, 08:40 PM
T-REX450SE T-REX600CF
Breckenridge, CO
Joined Nov 2006
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maxwell
I have been using this system for a while now in many, many applications, from Hornet X3D to a Trex 600! No problems what so ever. The transmitter has a nice feel to it, and of course the specs are right up there with the 12 and 14. For those that are looking for 2.4ghz, this is my number 1!

Nick

I would like to get one for my 450SE and 600CF but I was hoping that Futaba might come out with a better radio with more channels like a 14MZ type version. You heard anything about a another model comming out with 2.4ghz?

P.S. - Thanks for recommending the 3154 for cyclic. I am liking them alot on my 450SE. I stripped one and am waiting for gears from TowerHobbies. Other than the one stripped gear from a crash I am VERY happy with the response of the servos. Any worries about them overheating if running them for too long?
MartyWakat is offline Find More Posts by MartyWakat
Old Mar 20, 2007, 08:38 AM
I Break Stuff
Joined Feb 2007
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBDave
...I shoulda went with the DX6 in the first place, but the Futaba (If it works in the real world) is "Full Range"...
Sorry to hear of all your troubles VBDave. I almost went with the DX6, but balked on the three point pitch/power curves. I just replaced the stock radio with a 6EX FAAST in my non-stock AXE CP this weekend (GY240, Brushless Main and Tail Motors and ESC's). No control problems except my failure to reverse the throttle channel (which caused me some major grief when my initial control inputs set the brake on the ESC for the main motor), but the electronics are working well and I am slowly narrowing down to the optimum Pitch/Power curves for hovering flight (the weather here has so far limited me to house flying - expo comes in handy here). So, it does work in the real world. At this point, I am reasonably happy with my purchase decision, and looking forward to tuning up the other bells and whistles like swash/throttle mixing and learning to consistently using throttle hold (the cuts are just about healed from the last throttle stick bumping incident with the stock radio!!!).
GVJ
gvjackson is offline Find More Posts by gvjackson
Old Mar 22, 2007, 06:57 PM
Joined Mar 2007
19 Posts
5 days later.. still no reply from my Tech Support E-Mail to Futaba......
Old Mar 23, 2007, 04:26 AM
JKY
Berkshire, UK
Joined Jun 2006
333 Posts
Does the Futaba 6EX have sub-trim??
JKY is offline Find More Posts by JKY
Old Mar 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKY
Does the Futaba 6EX have sub-trim??
Not that I can see.....
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
closed
Gilbert AZ
Joined Jun 2001
9,323 Posts
Sorry I have to say it. Spend the extra money and get a DX7.

I did a side by side look and feel of the Futaba and the DX7 2.4ghz at my LHS. I didn't like the Futaba one bit compared to the DX7. I ended up getting a DX7 and never looked back.

If you can swing the $$$ get a DX7 and if not, than Futaba is your next choice. What every you do fly 2.4ghz and you will be glad you did.

David
fly4fun is offline Find More Posts by fly4fun
Old Mar 25, 2007, 05:30 PM
Killeen, TX
Joined Jul 2006
624 Posts
I haven't really researched the new Futaba too deeply, but from what I've gleaned about it I had hoped they would have put the 2.4 technology into a more advanced radio. Maybe not a 2.4GHz 14 MZ, but a little fancier than this one. I think they will be playing catch-up for a while. I see Spektrum now has 2.4 GHz xmitter modules that work with your existing JR/Futaba/HiTec box. Nice, but not $329 nice (plus the cost of your existing xmitter).
AMA Outlaw is offline Find More Posts by AMA Outlaw
Old Mar 27, 2007, 05:37 PM
Joined Mar 2007
19 Posts
Beware folks.. Not sure if this is a 1 in a thousand non-compatibility thing or not, but this was the reply with regards to the HeliMax 3-in-1 working with the 6EX Fasst receiver...

[Quote]
Thank you for your recent e-mail.

We have done some testing with those systems. Unfortunately, the 3 in
1 mixer in that heli will not work with the 2.4 GHz system.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
John G.
Product Support Lead Technician
Futaba Programming Technician
Great Planes Model Distributors
www.realflight.com
[End Quote]

My Reply: Thanks for the short answer, back to the dealer for the DX7 instead. Good Luck with Futaba Fasst systems.