Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 09, 2007, 09:18 PM
Occasional Flyer
Iowa
Joined May 2004
210 Posts
Discussion
Mamba Max ESC software wish list.....

Post what you would like to see in future versions of the Mamba Max ESC software.

Brake Reverse Type:

Forward/Brake/Reverse..... Would it be possible to have this mode use the brake power setting and the brake curve? And maybe a 0.5 second delay once the motor stops before it goes into reverse at whatever speed the reverse throttle is in at that time.

I bash on a paved surface and I still can't get enough traction to keep the rear end from locking up and sliding out because that mode brakes to hard and fast.

Or if the "Reverse Lockout" mode had an adjustable time for the "Time of Nuetral Throttle" from just going to nuetral to 2 seconds in 0.5sec increments would be a nice alternative, but I would still prefer not having to go back to nuetral like the other mode allows for before it goes into reverse.
Marv829 is offline Find More Posts by Marv829
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:16 PM
Olathe,KS,USA
Joined Oct 2000
2,654 Posts
Great feedback!

I'll forward this link to Richard, who does software development on the Mamba. I'm sure he'd like to read this.

Patrick
Patrick del Castillo is offline Find More Posts by Patrick del Castillo
Old Mar 14, 2007, 01:17 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
How about they make it work with all brushless motors? You know, like we were told to expect well over a month ago.
adamg is offline Find More Posts by adamg
Old Mar 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
VE7FM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2004
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg
How about they make it work with all brushless motors? You know, like we were told to expect well over a month ago.

I second this, before adding more features please work on motor compatibility.
By this I mean more then just adding support for Novak style wye wind motors. I'd also like to see more brake frequency options as the stock setting is useless with a Hacker C40 12s motor - it causes some very bad vibration in the motor that sounds like its ripping the gears apart. You can actually hear the brake pulses in the Max motors on the bench but they do slow a car with no issues.
TheSteve is offline Find More Posts by TheSteve
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
Steve, here's Castle's latest on that:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=327
Old Jun 06, 2007, 03:09 PM
VE7FM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2004
1,724 Posts
Time to bump this thread - any further update on when this might be released, even if in beta.
Old Jun 07, 2007, 12:18 AM
Huntington Beach, CA
Joined Dec 2004
481 Posts
Yeah, that Neu of mine is itching to run properly .
TMetalMan is offline Find More Posts by TMetalMan
Old Jun 07, 2007, 01:15 AM
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,494 Posts
The longer I wait, the more cynical I become. My latest theory is that they are waiting for Tekin to figure the firmware out, then they will get it from them. Tekin is actively trying, and admits to continuing to be unsuccessful. If only LRP would have secured a properly ran US distributor...
Old Jun 07, 2007, 03:29 PM
Bucks Co, PA
Joined May 2007
17 Posts
Screw the sensored, I'd just be happy if the Neus ran w/o issue
Finnster is offline Find More Posts by Finnster
Old Jan 04, 2008, 01:42 AM
VE7FM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2004
1,724 Posts
Patrick - any update on the new software?