HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2007, 04:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
3,057 Posts
Discussion
Autogyros over spring hill...

Went over to spring hill today and saw lots of gyros. Musta been 20 on the field, as many as 3 in the air at one time that I saw. Somebody probably has pictures somewhere but it ain't me cause I was flying.
Found out that GT17 does very nice loops with no fanfare whatsoever. Probably did 8 or 10 before it was over with. Got RL's (aka inspector gadget) BEGi sorted out. Had a receiver glitch. Replaced the receiver and flew it all over the place. Got RL mostly checked out on BEGi including a landing.
Saw quite a few dual rotor rigs, quite a few PT25's. and me holding up my end with G3PO, BEGi and GT17. Bill F. got the tech award for his differential dual rotor rig. A couple of really magnificent crashes, but most aircraft survived the day just fine. I gave away dual time on GT17, letting pilots fly right stick. Phil took a turn all by himself and made a nice landing. Shelley from lakeland was pulling a streamer all day (must help with the orientation somehow ) and should get the award for most flights flown on a single aircraft.
Nice blue skies, with 50% cloud cover, wind down the runway for most of the day, essentially unlimited flat area to fly over, 82, one of those really miserable florida spring days.
Look for pics here somewhere or at that other site....
mnowell129 is offline Find More Posts by mnowell129
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2007, 10:20 PM
It Wasn't Me!!!!
Joined Feb 2005
821 Posts
Mickey,
Thanks for the assist today. I will attempt to get in some flight time on my BEGi now that I have more confidence--thanks to your help today.
It was a beautiful day and I sure enjoyed seeing all the different gyros. I don't have any photos to post either, as I was having too much fun flying my gyros and canards. Had I known they were going to open the field up to any aircraft after lunch, I would have tried to squeeze a few more planes in the car
I look forward to seeing you again at SEFF.
Thanks again C-YA RL
InspectorGadget is offline Find More Posts by InspectorGadget
Old Mar 10, 2007, 07:34 AM
FPV really is fun.
Sedona, Az
Joined Sep 2001
848 Posts
Good to know about the loops. I might have to try one soon. I just don't want to loose the model, as it flies so well. Glad you guys had a good time.
Scotth72 is offline Find More Posts by Scotth72
Old Mar 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
Nowhere
Joined Aug 2003
6,178 Posts
Florida Gyro has some videos on RCU......
imsofaman is offline Find More Posts by imsofaman