HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Snooptalian, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 09, 2007, 02:41 PM
United States, KS, Coffeyville
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Trader Rating: 54
Sold
$650...Heavily upgraded Corona for sale or trade for a large scale RC truck

Decided to trade off my very upgraded Corona helicopter that has almost nothing stock on it. Full value is worth right at $1300 if you were to build it all yourself from scratch. Here is what is included:

LMH
Corona 120
Yellow 120 main rotor blades
Black 110 tail rotor blades
Alloy tail rotor hub

Futaba
Gy-401 Gyro w/ S9254 package

Hitec
HS-81MG x2

Mega
16/15/3 Brushless with hacker heat sink

Jeti 45 amp Speed Controller

Berg 6 DSP receiver channel 40 crystal

Chopper-1
Delrin crutch
Delrin tail case
Delrin tail fin
Delrin landing gear
Delrin follower arm
Titanium boom kit
Alloy main rotor hub

Ballistic Technology
Carbon Flybar
Carbon reinforced feather plate
7mm Titanium main rotor shaft
Belt Drive for tail rotor
Spare TR belt
Hyperdrive belt drive for main rotor
Spare MR belt
Alloy swash plate
Alloy motor mount

3 3300 mah Nimh battery packs with Deans connectors, they are older packs but they seem to charge to nearly capacity and I haven't noticed any duration problems at all...

There are a few extra used parts like dinged main blades, but still completely useable, various stock pieces, plus a few bits of Delrin pieces, used Voyager E landing gear sets with a couple extra Delrin battery holders, all manuals for the 401 and Corona itself Corona and the chopper-1/BT upgrades and also a new set of tail blades. Probably more that I am forgetting to mention. It flys perfectly and is nearly bulletproof with all the Chopper-1 Delrin and Ballistic Technology carbon and metal upgrades. Perfect for the established flyer and even more so for the new heli pilot. The only dings on it are on the tail fin where there is a chip at the top somehow, no affect on flying or durability. Also the tail blades looked dinged up, but there is a new set included for you to replace when necessary, but it isn't needed right now. Canopy has a couple dings on the nose and cracks beneath where the battery cables rest on it, no big deal. The tail fin chip and canopy dings are purely cosmetic, and do not take away from the heli at all, see the pics below. I just flew it today and it flew great. For trades I am looking for a large scale truck or car, gasoline powered like any of the FG's or the HPI Baja...

LMK if anyone is interested...
Thanks,
Dion
Snooptalian is offline Find More Posts by Snooptalian
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 12, 2007 at 10:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:09 AM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Here are some pics. The extra battery pack below is a 3700 mah pack that needs one new cell soldered on it as it was missing a cell when I received it. I just used the 3 3300 mah black packs seen below. There is also an extra Delrin tail fin seen below with the holes through it...Thanks...
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 10, 2007 at 12:37 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
BONUS Whoever buys this or trades for this will also receive a FREE Falcon 40 (new version Dragonfly 4) heli with a Superskids package which adds a super durable set of landing gear with much better lower frame, boom support and tail fin. The heli also has a direct drive tail motor mod for better tail control. It also comes RTF with the stock battery and a 7.4v lipo also added with the heli. Radio, AC adapter and manual also included. The heli cost $90, the superskids set is $40, the lipo is $30 and the direct drive kit was around $20, making this $180 added in for free with any Corona sale or trade...

Thanks...
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:52 AM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
Will also trade the Corona itself (minus the Falcon 40 heli) for a Clodbuster type custom crawler. Can be any of the aftermarket chassis like ESP,JPS, Thundertech, Gmade, Gecko etc...

Will also take $650 for the Corona without the Falcon 40 heli. Everything in the pics above...That is $200 less than I planned on asking, but I want this moved out so I can get myself and my kids either a large scale truck or crawler sooner than later...Plus I have a new Nitro 50 size heli to keep my heli needs filled...

Any trade for a large scale like the HPI Baja 5B will include both helis...

Thanks...
Last edited by Snooptalian; Mar 11, 2007 at 01:25 AM.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 07:43 AM
Joined Aug 2005
799 Posts
The lowest I'll do on this is $600 shipped, basically $575 for the heli and $25 to ship it...I will stop the auction for anyone interested in this now. If I can avoid the final auction value fees I'm all for it...

Thanks...
Old Mar 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Joined Feb 2000
2,545 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Contact me. Jim
JIMJAM is offline Find More Posts by JIMJAM
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:02 PM
Joined Aug 2005