SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 07, 2002, 09:22 PM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
KC/EJF F-18 ARF Center of Gravity location

Ok, I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I swear the search engine can't find the info! It wont let you enter a two letter search term like CG. I searched for F-18 and balance but come up zero. I have the online PDF plans but I want to confirm where the CG should be located on the Minifan F-18. My roomie has the ARF and is going to fit retracts so I want to get the correct CG location before he mounts the mains. From my CAD drawings I show about 6.8 inches forward from the wing trailing edge (at the wing root). The previous owner of the plane has marks fairly close to that location.

I made the title of my post broad so the search engine could find it when someone else looks. There are so many posts on the F-18, it's hard to sort through all the posts! Kevin, you've created a monster
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2002, 10:10 PM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,811 Posts
this help

ooops MINIfan, yes 2 5/8" sorry
hoser is offline Find More Posts by hoser
Last edited by hoser; Oct 07, 2002 at 11:03 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2002, 10:50 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,593 Posts
Re: KC/EJF F-18 ARF Center of Gravity location

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Waldrep
Ok, I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I swear the search engine can't find the info! It wont let you enter a two letter search term like CG. I searched for F-18 and balance but come up zero. I have the online PDF plans but I want to confirm where the CG should be located on the Minifan F-18. My roomie has the ARF and is going to fit retracts so I want to get the correct CG location before he mounts the mains. From my CAD drawings I show about 6.8 inches forward from the wing trailing edge (at the wing root). The previous owner of the plane has marks fairly close to that location.

I made the title of my post broad so the search engine could find it when someone else looks. There are so many posts on the F-18, it's hard to sort through all the posts! Kevin, you've created a monster
6 1/8 from te root
2 5/8 fron le root.
this is on the ejf arc...........gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f