HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2007, 09:53 AM
Berkshire UK
Joined Feb 2006
55 Posts
Well, I hit the big 41 yesterday :-(, However and as a complete bolt from the blue, My good lady bought me a birthday present ! Guess what it was ......?

thats right an Alfa Spit, I nearly choked, not only had she no idea that I craved one (I have an Alfa FW190 ) but had the good intent to go to my local friendly model shop www.modlemaniacsonline.co.uk and asked Mark the owner what she could get me for a birthday present. He apparently thought about it for all of 2 seconds and suggested the brand new in the shop Spit, (not withstanding the fact that I had been hinting to him that it was coming out). So well done wifey and hurrah for my local model emporium, bit of blatant free advertising there mate.

Soooo any questions, I cant get stuck into this until at least next weekend but already have plans. If it goes together as easily as the 190 then it should be no problem and fly like a dream....I do feel very lucky and humble I have to say :-)
nickmow is offline Find More Posts by nickmow
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2007, 09:22 PM
Destin,Fl
Joined Nov 2002
548 Posts
alfa spit

Your a lucky man in more ways then one way. What a great wife to support your habit. Post some pics.ASAP
cmk-2 is offline Find More Posts by cmk-2
Old Mar 20, 2007, 02:03 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,592 Posts
Way to be one the first owners of the new Spit..
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Mar 25, 2007, 02:37 PM
Berkshire UK
Joined Feb 2006
55 Posts
Pictures

Well here it is guys, apologies for the poor range of pictures but I hope they are informative.

Kit comes well packed in the box and the fuselage is secured via the wing mounting nut. This means the box can be used as a fairly secure carry case once constructed. There is a strip of pictures showing the different marking schemes that are available using the comprehensive decal sheet. Construction instructions are simple and a large schematic is included to make sense of it all. You should be able to see the moulded wing tips that are required should you choose to build the kit as a clipped wing spit. Im currently thinking of a way to make the tips removable ! so both types can be explored.

The kit has an air of quality about it, seems like a very intuitive assembley and it looks the part even just slotted together ! There is provision for and directions for the fitting of retracts in the guidlines. There are bits of string secured in the wings so you can drag the servo cables through to the centre from the wing mounted servo positions.

Havnt had time to start yet which is very frustrating but Im sure it will be a project that takes shape in the next couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy the pictures and feel free to ask any questions.

Nick
nickmow is offline Find More Posts by nickmow
Last edited by nickmow; Mar 25, 2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
I fly therefore I crash
Torrance, CA
Joined Sep 2006
919 Posts
nice! well done.
fletchace is offline Find More Posts by fletchace
Old Mar 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
Let er Rip
Long Island, NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,111 Posts
As Borack would say, "nice"

Jim
Pilot44 is offline Find More Posts by Pilot44
Old Mar 25, 2007, 09:31 PM
Terryville,CT (USA)
Joined Mar 2006
377 Posts
That Spit looks great. I keep checking Hobby Lobby's website everyday to see when they will be selling them!! Good luck and enjoy your Spit.
HogCrewChief is offline Find More Posts by HogCrewChief
Old Mar 27, 2007, 08:53 AM
Dert Farmur
Saskatchewan
Joined Jan 2005
799 Posts
So do I CrewChief. I'm thinking of just making their site my start page to save me the extra mouse clicks.

Congrats on getting a Spit Nick. Looking forward to hearing how it assembles and flies.
Harv is offline Find More Posts by Harv
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:53 AM
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Sep 2002
1,496 Posts
thanks for the preview. Looking forward to seeing it on this side of the pond.
stuka is online now Find More Posts by stuka
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:11 PM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,592 Posts
It's not done yet?
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:37 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,874 Posts
I'm on haitus from flying and building right now, but when I have time to get back into it I will have to get one of these.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old Apr 02, 2007, 01:18 PM
Cant fly enough
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Dec 2003
1,803 Posts
Hiflyer,

Not to side track this thread, but any update on the Dora's. My Hayate is starting to look like it has been though the battle of New Guinea and needs to be retired.

Watching the Alfa video it looks like the Dora skids through the turns a little as if it needs some rudder. Or is that my imagination.

Cheers

Greg
Greg Beshouri is online now Find More Posts by Greg Beshouri
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:31 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
833 Posts
Looks wonderful! Man, my wife is gonna get extremely mad at me
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
Old Apr 04, 2007, 05:30 PM
Terryville,CT (USA)
Joined Mar 2006
377 Posts
Check out Hobby Lobby, the Spit is there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 04, 2007, 05:40 PM
Terryville,CT (USA)
Joined Mar 2006
377 Posts
Just ordered mine!! I guess I will have to pull all the gear out of my P-47 and install it in the Spit!