SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2002, 06:26 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2 Posts
Is it just me or is Diversity Model Aircraft's batteries overpriced?

I have been searching around the internet to compare battery prices, and I have been to Battlepack, DynamoElectric (indvidual cell only), Eflightpacks, and Diversity Model Aircraft and it seems to me that DMA has the highest price on their batteries and pack. Why is that?? I don't think DMA's zap pack are supperior to Battlepack's zap pack or their normal non zap pack are superior to Eflightpack's non zap pack. So why are they so much more expensive?
James Carvone is offline Find More Posts by James Carvone
Last edited by James Carvone; Oct 06, 2002 at 09:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2002, 07:16 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2000
1,314 Posts
Just some clarifcation......

Hi James,
This is Tony with Eflightpacks. I just want to clarify a statement that you made.

Quote:
I don't think DMA's zap pack are supperior to Battlepack's zap pack or their normal non zap pack are superior to Eflightpack zap pack.
The battery packs that I sell are not zapped. They are just regular cells put into packs, simple as that.

Zapped cells does give you an edge in term of power. The cell will maintain voltage as long as possible before it runs out of juice but when it does run out of juice, the voltage will fall very rapidly.

Zapped cells are not necessary if your anticipated current draw is below 40 amp.

DMA solder the cells together into packs whereas my packs are spot welded.
rcdude is offline Find More Posts by rcdude
Last edited by rcdude; Oct 06, 2002 at 07:27 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2002, 09:34 PM
Joined Oct 2002
2 Posts
Oops, I meant to compare DMA's non zapped pack with Eflightpack's non zapped pack. I made a typo in my original post; thanks for correcting me Tony. I will edit my original post to make it clear now. But can anybody tell me why DMA's pack cost more?? In case of the zap pack, they cost significantly more than what Battlepack sells them for since Battlepack will zap your cells for free.

-James
James Carvone is offline Find More Posts by James Carvone
Last edited by James Carvone; Oct 06, 2002 at 09:38 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2002, 10:53 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Mar 2000
1,314 Posts
The difference is ....

DMA's packs are soldered and mine are spot welded. Soldered packs are better but not legal by Sanyo's standard policy. If you want more info, contact Sanyo USA. It's the legal issue basically.
rcdude is offline Find More Posts by rcdude
Old Oct 08, 2002, 03:22 AM
Joined Feb 2001
2,818 Posts
DMA's battery packs are hand made and very nicely done. If you're after max performance, IMHO, end to end soldered packs are the way to go. Steve is a good guy and will respond to email, usually within 24 hours. Satisfied customer here...
ScotY is offline Find More Posts by ScotY