HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2007, 04:27 PM
Obviously I'm a "Minus Member"
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerominded
re: maiden on planes, I sure know the feeling, Mark! the boats are far more relaxing to maiden but in my opinion, equally rewarding!
Aero, I couldn't agree more. If you build it, it looks decent, and it works, it's cause for a celebration!

Mark
buzzltyr is offline Find More Posts by buzzltyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
crash lessons available
Atwater,California
Joined Oct 2006
159 Posts
Mark,
Congratulations on your maiden!! Your boat sure looks real sitting there in your picture you shared with us. I agree with your thoughts on maiden's of planes to boats, both are very rewarding and nerve crushing after hours and hours of hard work.

Looking forwards on some more pictures of your pretty girl racing around the lake. Well done Mark!

John
crash 101 is offline Find More Posts by crash 101
Old Apr 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
PDX, OR
Joined Dec 2002
10,161 Posts
Excellent Build,
Something to add to the build up and review set.

Umi_Ryuzuki is offline Find More Posts by Umi_Ryuzuki
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:37 PM
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,809 Posts
Thanks, John and Umi.

John, you should try one. You'd like it!

Mark
Old Apr 13, 2007, 10:59 PM
crash lessons available
Atwater,California
Joined Oct 2006
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzltyr
Thanks, John and Umi.

John, you should try one. You'd like it!

Mark
Yes Mark I'm going to love it i'm sure.

I've been looking for the right boat and still haven't found her just yet but I'm sure she will show up soon.

Back in the 70's I built a gas powered boat which I still have in my garage. I have found that exact boat on a web site and almost bought it. I remember testing the boat in our pool and the water would rush over the transom when the boat would hit the sides of the pool causing the .049 engine to stall. I didn't have enough paper route money to buy any electronics so I just kept the rudder turning one direction the whole time.

I attached a picture of her and she still smells of the cox fuel we used back then.

You have one gorgeous boat Mark!!

John
crash 101 is offline Find More Posts by crash 101
Old Apr 14, 2007, 08:21 AM
Lipoly Killer
Gulfport/Biloxi Biloxi Reg, Mississippi, United States
Joined Dec 2000
1,508 Posts
Dumas Skeedadle(?)

Looks like the Dumas Skeedadle(sp?). I had one some years ago with a TD .049 and R/C. It was a fun boat.
Frank
Frank Hurd is online now Find More Posts by Frank Hurd
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:17 AM
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,809 Posts
John, I bet you could restore that boat, put a Speed400 motor in it, and run it again!

Mark
Old Apr 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
USA, MA, Longmeadow
Joined Jun 2003
1,809 Posts
I had the opportunity late this afternoon to take the Marina out and run her again, and managed to take a couple of better shots of her in motion.

Mark
Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:28 PM
Joined Sep 2003
32 Posts
Buzz:

Nice boat! Looks great running on the water, too!

Zach
zach54880 is offline Find More Posts by zach54880
Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:36 PM
Boats on the brain!!
Arnold, Mo.
Joined Jul 2005
4,534 Posts
The boat looks good.

It looks like you weren't the only one out at the pond today enjoying the weather.
green-boat is offline Find More Posts by green-boat
Old Apr 15, 2007, 05:00 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,463 Posts
Mark, The Marina looks real nice running. Congratulations on a very nice build!!!

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle
Old Apr 15, 2007, 08:26 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
13,841 Posts
Looks like she really gets up and goes!
Aerominded is online now Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:29 PM
Professional Lurker
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
975 Posts
Looking for info on these Dare Designs kits one finds it hard to come by except here of course. Great review and build log. They look like great wooden kits, the bulk of which are under $60, seems a great value but little is known of the box contents and what the fittings look like. Do these come with a motor? Mentions "Electric 400" but no "not included" or "included".

I didn't know Pat Tritle was responsible for all of them as only the Barracuda is attributed to him on this website:
http://brodak.com/dare-design-products/boats.html
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2014, 06:19 PM
Albuquerque NM
Joined Oct 2003
8,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harquebus View Post
Looking for info on these Dare Designs kits one finds it hard to come by except here of course. Great review and build log. They look like great wooden kits, the bulk of which are under $60, seems a great value but little is known of the box contents and what the fittings look like. Do these come with a motor? Mentions "Electric 400" but no "not included" or "included".

I didn't know Pat Tritle was responsible for all of them as only the Barracuda is attributed to him on this website:
http://brodak.com/dare-design-products/boats.html
Harquebus, The prop and prop shaft are included in all of the kits, but the motor is not. And yes, I did design the Marina along with the other two in that family, which are basically different decks for the same hull. Fact is, Marina was a High School drafting class project in 1969 that was never actually named untill made its way to this kit after all those years. Pretty cool. . . . .

PAT
P. Tritle is offline Find More Posts by P. Tritle