HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2007, 09:57 AM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jun 2005
8 Posts
Discussion
CX2 carbon fiber blades???

Hello
This my first of probably many posts to this forum.

My CX2 should be here next week and I have already ordered most of the aluminum upgrades except for the blade clamps. My question is , are there carbon fiber blades available or is there any other alternative to stock blades?

Also what would be a better option for blades clamps? I've read that the cnc one's have adverse affects on flight performance
nicrom is offline Find More Posts by nicrom
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2007, 10:17 AM
Sturgis Sd.
Joined Mar 2004
640 Posts
Do not I say do not buy Micro heli blade grips.I have as set of upper and lower ones and i couldn't get my cx to fly to save my soul.If anyone want them they are for sale cheap.I do have the Eflite lower rotor head and the swash plate.The blade grips might work for someone who can trim it out better than I can.
hulrich is offline Find More Posts by hulrich
Old Mar 03, 2007, 02:56 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,681 Posts
I have the micro heli lower and the vortex upper blade grips with extreme blades and the cx2 never flew so good, i love it
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Mar 03, 2007, 03:37 PM
Joined Dec 2005
5,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicrom
Hello
This my first of probably many posts to this forum.

My CX2 should be here next week and I have already ordered most of the aluminum upgrades except for the blade clamps. My question is , are there carbon fiber blades available or is there any other alternative to stock blades?

Also what would be a better option for blades clamps? I've read that the cnc one's have adverse affects on flight performance

Not that I am aware of. There is a fellow in Canada making CF blade for the XRB

http://www.jutstar.com/sf/xrbblades.htm

They were close to $50 for a set, a bit expensive.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Mar 03, 2007, 04:14 PM
St. Petersburg, FL
Joined Jun 2005
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
I have the micro heli lower and the vortex upper blade grips with extreme blades and the cx2 never flew so good, i love it

What are extreme blades??
nicrom is offline Find More Posts by nicrom
Old Mar 03, 2007, 05:17 PM
r/c heli noob
Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit
Hey good work, I'd love to get the xtreme blades onto my CX2. Did you need to replace any other parts to get those grips to fit or is it just a simple swap-over?
AusGeno is offline Find More Posts by AusGeno
Old Mar 03, 2007, 07:52 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicrom
What are extreme blades??
a link for the extreme blades http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...ndex&cPath=110
Old Mar 03, 2007, 08:00 PM
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusGeno
Hey good work, I'd love to get the xtreme blades onto my CX2. Did you need to replace any other parts to get those grips to fit or is it just a simple swap-over?
the micro heli lower blade grip is a direct replacement on the upper vortex grips u will need two small washers on the upper hub to fill the gap and a vortex flybar are the small balllink for the flybar and u are good to go, good luck