SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 03, 2007, 02:58 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Discussion
Eagle Tree announces Airspeed, Altitude and lots more new sensors for the MicroPower

Eagle Tree Systems, LLC is pleased to announce several powerful new sensors for our MicroPower eLogger!

Look at all you can learn about your model with your MicroPower and our low-cost add-ons:

* HOW HIGH WAS THAT? Altimeter Expander (MPR-ALT-EXP) - High resolution Altimeter measures Altitude from 0-20000 feet with 4 foot (2 meter) resolution.

* AND HOW FAST? Airspeed Expander (MPR-AIR-EXP) - Measures airspeed from 9-200 MPH!

* WHAT'S THAT BUZZ I HEAR? Servo Current Logger (SERVO-CURR-LOG) - Find out how much current your servo is drawing. Plugs into your MicroPower and servo to log current from 0-5 Amps.

* I WANT MORE! Multi-Expander (MPR-MULTI-EXP) - Expands your MicroPower to log Brushless RPM, Throttle stick movement, and simultaneous recording of two temperatures! Includes integrated Brushless RPM sensor and Y cable for Throttle monitoring. Temperature sensors sold separately.

* I WANT TO SEE IT ALL!! Memory Expander (MPR-MEM-EXP) - Increases your MicroPower's onboard logging time by 5x!

All the sensors listed above can be used simultaneously. And, they work with all versions of the MicroPower - support is only a web download away. Click here to pre-order or for more information!

Remember, only the Eagle Tree MicroPower eLogger + PowerPanel LCD Display is both a powerful in-flight (or in-car) logger, and the world's smallest and lightest watt meter/bench monitor, all in one! And, no other logger offers anywhere near the range of features or sensors of the MicroPower!

billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Last edited by billpa; May 27, 2007 at 11:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2007, 10:56 AM
Justin G.
Joined Sep 2005
40 Posts
That's sweet. What resolution will the airspeed monitor get? Will the logging rate max still be 10 per sec? Do these devices plug in to the same port as the LCD Power Panel?

Where does the multi-expander plug in?
justingra is offline Find More Posts by justingra
Old Mar 06, 2007, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Justin,

The airspeed will be 1 MPH resolution. The logging rate max is 10 s/s. Yes, all but hte multiexpander daisy chain into the LCD port (LCD still works of course) and the multi-expander plugs into the RPM/Temp ports.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2007, 12:38 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Is placement of the Altimeter Expander (MPR-ALT-EXP) critical?

Very cool. These look like fun accessories for the geek RC pilots!

I didn't see much detail for the devices as of yet.

If placed in a fast wing, is the Altimeter Expander (MPR-ALT-EXP) placement critical? I imagine it is working off of air pressure to sense alititude. What is the ideal location for placement? How accurate is the device?

IS there a pitot tube used for hooking up to the air speed sensor? What is involved for installation?
reefboy is offline Find More Posts by reefboy
Old May 27, 2007, 09:56 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi All,

I wanted to let you know that the new sensors for the MicroPower are shipping this Tuesday (May 26). Thanks for your patience on these!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Site Sponsor