SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:02 PM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
I must admit... I've been practicing a ton on FMS. Any time I get a chance I'm flying rolling circles in FMS on whatever plane I can. It has definitely helped. Next I'll see if I can practice the salmon manuever on the simulator as well.

I love FMS... you just can't beat free and the ability to use your own transmitter. I am using my DX6 transmitter hooked up to FMS with a simple mono jack to the microphone input on the PC.
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2007, 09:50 AM
Edison, NJ
Joined Mar 2005
1,044 Posts
I can do touch and go s with my wing.
grouchy1 is offline Find More Posts by grouchy1
Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:28 AM
resU deretsigeR
Dublin Ca
Joined Aug 2004
7,787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
I got to it, ripped the hatch open and pulled out the brand new batteries to save them. Turns out the speed control burned up.. and I mean BURNED UP! When it did, the battery leads were disconnected causing the loss of control.

Luckily, there was absolutely NO damage to the plane from the hit/bounce!!!! I was completely amazed at that! Not even a wrinkle in the nose. There is a nice burn mark on the inside where the ESC was though and it smells like crap. Pretty amazing IMO, but dont try this at home! lol

This time a CC 45 will go into it and Im sure the problem will be solved.

Laine
I have a 36 rw demon that has that smell it was way cool seeing smoke trials coming from the back of an electric till i understod it ment fire.....

Dead stick landing and all... Sorry FlyBoy That was an exspensive smoke show... It was his borrowed CC80 that smoked...
PaulVi is offline Find More Posts by PaulVi
Old Jul 15, 2007, 09:28 AM
Grant B
Perth Australia
Joined May 2007
16 Posts
GR8 Thread, I'll have to try these rolling circles next time out. I like pulling out of a powered dive and while at max speed at 45deg. heading up cutting throttle and giving it full up and left or right aileron for a second on very high rates, this sends my wild wing into a flat spin. I hope I haven't upset any Goose fans.
gbond006 is offline Find More Posts by gbond006
Old Jan 05, 2008, 11:10 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
So what's new???

So what kinda moves you guys been working on lately??? Sure need to see some new wing vids Nobody has even been crashing lately, even the gophers are enjoying the peace
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jan 06, 2008, 01:34 AM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
I figure if anything new was to happen it would come from you and your insane flying style
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025
Old Jan 06, 2008, 02:22 AM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Charger... have you mentioned busting milk jugs with your TL50 as a favorite maneuver?
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jan 06, 2008, 11:53 AM
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
Charger, your 50 flies sweeeet and you have some nice flying skills. I'm going to have to learn that salmon. I like the Immelman and high speed dive into victory roll.
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65
Old Jan 06, 2008, 12:39 PM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
dragging the wing tips or vertical stabilizer on the ground at high or low speed
brian94066 is offline Find More Posts by brian94066
Old Jan 06, 2008, 07:33 PM
Joined Jul 2007
244 Posts
Do high speed directional reversals.

High speed, invert the wing, do full elevator.

Fly a low pass, do an invert, do full down elevator before it hits the group.

Gets the audiences every time (this one failed before - sent soil flying 10 metres away)
Sunfire is offline Find More Posts by Sunfire
Old Jan 09, 2008, 09:07 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom1025
you and your insane flying style
Y B sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefboy
Charger... have you mentioned busting milk jugs with your TL50 as a favorite maneuver?
That was a one shot deal........so far. Chris was building me a new TL 50, and the one I had was brought back from the grave, I knew it's days were numbered ( especially the way I fly). I was going to do a vid with some wing dips on water, or some T & G's on water.......but not much water in the desert ........we do have plastic milk bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman65
Charger, your 50 flies sweeeet. I'm going to have to learn that salmon.
When them Fity's are dialed......they are the best I've flown for aerobatics!! They are my favorite for the Salmon. They just carve the air sooo nice, total dialed control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066
dragging the wing tips or vertical stabilizer on the ground at high or low speed
Danged fun..........see milk bottles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire
Do high speed directional reversals.

High speed, invert the wing, do full elevator.
Yeah......I really like high speed figure 8's with knife edge elevator turns.......Great way to burn those batts!!

Flying is fun
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jan 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
I like every maneuver. Especiall all of those that don't wobble the Earth at impact!
philami is offline Find More Posts by philami
Old Jan 16, 2008, 09:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
dont have a wing but i like fast SKIP and goes
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 18, 2008, 08:18 AM
Naturally altered
Joined Feb 2005
2,519 Posts
8's around and in between football goal posts
Cubber is offline Find More Posts by Cubber
Old Jan 18, 2008, 09:28 AM
Retired CFI Helicopter
Southeast PA
Joined Jun 2007
1,609 Posts
I call it a "fan fold walk-up". Half inside loop to inverted, build speed, half outside loop to rite-side up, keep repeating as you climb in altitude.
Hughes500Bob is offline Find More Posts by Hughes500Bob