HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2007, 10:01 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
That may be a maneuver that I think we all can do, but is that really your favorite or your jet's favorite?
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2007, 12:24 PM
cant leave things stock
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Feb 2007
1,457 Posts
dude that was a way crappy crash I do that trick way way better.... your form was terrible,for one it should roll in like the oposite of a victory roll, for two you also need more height & for three you have to increase the throttle to full as the plane noses over & leave it full till after you have completed the crash, that way you can break a prop or bend/break the motor shaft too

practice makes prefect though so keep trying till you get it rite :-)
have a great weekend
JAK
jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:36 AM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
Sorry for the grainy quality - learning to use a new camera.
A pretty basic maneuver, but don't blink or you'll miss it. I call it the z-bend.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=1353147&stc=1
dgarbern is online now Find More Posts by dgarbern
Old Jun 16, 2007, 01:00 AM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarbern
Sorry for the grainy quality - learning to use a new camera.
A pretty basic maneuver, but don't blink or you'll miss it. I call it the z-bend.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...=1353147&stc=1
When I clicked on your link, I got an "invalid" message.........try again, I'd like to see the z-bend!!
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jun 16, 2007, 03:52 AM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,689 Posts
I've been flying my wing now for 3 days(not to mention it's my first 3ch plane), I like the ones that don't end up with me walking across the field to toss my wing up again
Bugman Jeff is offline Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Jun 16, 2007, 06:58 AM
Make 'n Break!!
Walled 'tucky, MI. USA
Joined Apr 2006
1,766 Posts
After yesterday's flying/ crashing my new balsa edge 540 I really appreciate the "walking across the field to toss my wing up again" manuever.
roosevelt is offline Find More Posts by roosevelt
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:01 PM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger
When I clicked on your link, I got an "invalid" message.........try again, I'd like to see the z-bend!!
Sorry for the snafu. Try this link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=1354535
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:55 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarbern
Sorry for the snafu. Try this link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=1354535
That's pretty wild!!! I had to watch it about 5 times to make sure I saw what I think I saw What plane is that??
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Jun 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
It's a Sig Tri-Star (a 40+ oz. canard) minus the canard, the fuselage, and the heavy balsa wing plates. I never saw the original fly, I just rescued the wing from a trash barrel at a flying meet.

The change in speed looks even more abrupt in person .

Brief specs are in the video gallery at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=700678

Dave
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:39 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Dave,

Sounds cool. Could you post a pic of the plane so we can get a detail of what it looks like.

Thanks,
J
Old Jun 18, 2007, 09:23 PM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
Here's a few pics. Besides removing the original solid balsa tips plates, I stripped the heavy old monocote and recovered w/Doculam.

Whoever originally built the wing did a good job - the only repairs have been due to close encounters of the earthly kind.

I forgot to mention that the Esskay 400xt was rewired to delta configuration so that I could use a smaller prop. Thrust to Weight is well in excess of 1:1. The canopy is made from the trimmed down blister pack for a PC mouse and held down w/clear packing tape.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:17 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
It was hard to see that you even had a canopy at first. It looks good. I bet it flies nice as it is more rigid than an EPP.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:24 PM
North Wales, PA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
91 Posts
The previous canopy was painted bright red on the inside. That one was shattered when I ejected the lipo attempting a low high-speed pass for the camera. I haven't quite figured out how the plane stopped so quickly instead of skidding along the ground:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=1358459
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:05 PM
Luke 12:7
USA, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Nov 2006
1,261 Posts
Rolling circles :)

I've been practicing rolling circles and just got back from a good flight. I'm stoked I pulled off a few really big rolling circles on my TL50! This is now my top favorite manuever. Now I just need to work on the precision. I love my TL50!

No where near the precision, speed, or low altitude of Rich or the other Ritewing crowd but I'm stoked!!
reefboy is online now Find More Posts by reefboy
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:48 PM
Fly me to the moon...
Sacramento
Joined Jun 2005
4,140 Posts
Rolling circles are fun! Its strange how the harder you try to do them the more you suck at it, the less you think about them the better they are.

I remember my first rolling circle, it was pretty smooth, I got so excited I forgot how I did it and spent the rest of the flight just trying to recreate it without success.

Adam
Atom1025 is offline Find More Posts by Atom1025