SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2007, 11:55 AM
cant leave things stock
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Feb 2007
1,460 Posts
klique yeah Im aware that Im limited because of my batteries
I was thinking I would use A123 batteries & not lipos when I do step up as I think they are less of a pain in the buttox :-)
I am relativeley new to planes but I can build them & repair them pretty well I also surfed for some time & have worked with fiberglass so Ill be able to do nice glass jobs on the wings if I so chose to do so

you are rite I do need more stick time :-) Im just getting to the point where Im not crashing every time out :-) now its like every other time :-) & they are softer crashes

hey remember that mount I made for the RCworks lil stinker? well the only drawback is that it kinda scoops dirt into my motor when I land as the open part of the motor on the stator side is below the TE
I think the next mount I make will position the motor a little higher or I can make some sort of shield which would cover the bottom of the motor & mabey improve aerodynamics
take care

JAK
jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
London Heathrow, Great Britain (UK)
Joined May 2004
1,399 Posts
So how are rolling circles done? they look pretty difficult to me.
simonbryant is offline Find More Posts by simonbryant
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:13 PM
cant leave things stock
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Feb 2007
1,460 Posts
when the top of the plane is inside you pull back on the stick a little & while the bottom is inside you push foward on the stick
you can probably just do it with the top in pulling back
so with the stick to one side doing the roll you just pull back slightly as the top of the plane faces in & up a bit to maintain altitude
take care
JAK
jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
Old Mar 11, 2007, 07:25 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,791 Posts
Jak extend your winglets below the wing so it keeps the motor off the ground ,it will fly better also.
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoll
klique yeah Im aware that Im limited because of my batteries
I was thinking I would use A123 batteries & not lipos when I do step up as I think they are less of a pain in the buttox :-)
I am relativeley new to planes but I can build them & repair them pretty well I also surfed for some time & have worked with fiberglass so Ill be able to do nice glass jobs on the wings if I so chose to do so

you are rite I do need more stick time :-) Im just getting to the point where Im not crashing every time out :-) now its like every other time :-) & they are softer crashes

hey remember that mount I made for the RCworks lil stinker? well the only drawback is that it kinda scoops dirt into my motor when I land as the open part of the motor on the stator side is below the TE
I think the next mount I make will position the motor a little higher or I can make some sort of shield which would cover the bottom of the motor & mabey improve aerodynamics
take care

JAK
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:32 PM
London Heathrow, Great Britain (UK)
Joined May 2004
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoll
when the top of the plane is inside you pull back on the stick a little & while the bottom is inside you push foward on the stick
you can probably just do it with the top in pulling back
so with the stick to one side doing the roll you just pull back slightly as the top of the plane faces in & up a bit to maintain altitude
take care
JAK
ok sounds like i lot of practise required for this one?

Simon
simonbryant is offline Find More Posts by simonbryant
Old Mar 12, 2007, 05:04 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
Here's what I'm talking about.

Collecting props while flying combat!

http://www.vimeo.com/clip:152033

If you can't stand to watch the whole ~ 4 minutes start at the 2 minute mark.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Mar 12, 2007, 05:33 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
cool video minus the music
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Mar 12, 2007, 06:02 PM
Hit Me! Please!
Provo, UT
Joined Jan 2005
3,989 Posts
I guess we're all entitled to like whatever music we do. I usually end up turning the sound off so I don't get distracted by it. This music I liked.
jwjohnson is offline Find More Posts by jwjohnson
Old Mar 12, 2007, 09:18 PM
Purples a fruit
United States, CA, Walnut Creek
Joined Aug 2006
1,283 Posts
YEAH, the flying was pretty cool. makes me miss the S.F bay area. slopes everywhere.

not so in sacramento

good video thou. and i did end up hittin mute.
punkrockd is offline Find More Posts by punkrockd
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:20 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanka
What are you flying then???? Cant be EPP...

EPP : More bounce per ounce.
First couple of "bounces " were ok ...its those third and fourth and fifth ones in quick succession that do it in ......yes EPP/elapor.
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Mar 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
EPP Addict
Nashville, TN
Joined Jan 2006
994 Posts
I enjoy cutting throttle and pulling really tight loops with my Wild Wing. Just need better magnets or something else on the battery hatch, it keeps popping open when I do it.
LuckyDay is offline Find More Posts by LuckyDay
Old Mar 30, 2007, 03:28 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
I like to:

Speed dive right at myself then pull up and roll, powered and non powered.

Stealth pass with the brake on (silent) behind combat buddies. Scares the dickens out of em.

Low inverted and try to touch the wingtips to the asphault.

stop on a dime from a reasonable high speed (my cg is far back)

Death Dive (Death Spiral) Go up really high and roll it straight down (unpowered) until you lose your nerve and pull up. No matter where you are turning, up is away from the ground.

Before the affordability of Lipo's and Brushless I would take mine up till I could barely see it and run the motor out. (a few seconds of lag from radio output to plane input), lay flat on the ground and wait for it to come down.

Another good one is colliding with another wing. From doing this I have unintentionally performed forward head over tail flips (recovered), high rate flat spins (both of us spinned and recovered), and the battery hanging out of the plane trick (still balanced).
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Apr 04, 2007, 05:24 PM
Joined Aug 2006
74 Posts
i like to to speck out my old zagi ( 2001) throw it into a flutering stall then pull out at the last min and speed along about 2 feet of the ground. ( for some reason i loose a lot of props.) And then pull into a nice climb. My other is to fly towords my self ( i know i know but i do it at like 5 or 6 mph) flip over and settle right into my out streched hand.
lvmike is offline Find More Posts by lvmike
Old Apr 05, 2007, 04:41 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmike
My other is to fly towords my self ( i know i know but i do it at like 5 or 6 mph) flip over and settle right into my out streched hand.
I love to do that too. Except I head towards myself pretty fast. I know, but it's my own funeral.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Apr 06, 2007, 09:25 AM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
Look no further, my favorite all-time FunJet maneuver can be found here
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY