HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 09, 2007, 01:08 PM
Pontificating Member
Atlanta
Joined May 2003
4,297 Posts
Rolling circles for me.
Then low and slow 6 inches off the grass figure eights.
Trying to thermal.
Would love to see what sloping is like, but we don't have reliable slopes in the immediate area.
tone is offline Find More Posts by tone
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2007, 06:02 PM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Detroit (area), MI
Joined Mar 2004
923 Posts
ROFL on that video man. Ouch, I hate that sound!
philosophicle_1 is offline Find More Posts by philosophicle_1
Old Mar 09, 2007, 06:20 PM
West Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
216 Posts
Go to the Lake Michigan shore and fly my stringless kite (Zagi Tazz) next to the kite flyers.
ab8ug is offline Find More Posts by ab8ug
Old Mar 09, 2007, 08:30 PM
I B Chargin'
Arizona
Joined Aug 2003
1,525 Posts
Went flying today and feel pretty comfortable with counter clockwise Salmon circles. Decided to try clockwise and was able to do it after a few trys ( not real pretty ) So then was able to do a couple of Salmon figure 8's Again, not real pretty. I've been doing all this on the left wing tip. Tried a little on the right tip and that was pretty.......scary .

Pitched my 4s2p set up 100 yards up while I was Salmoning. The batts are destroyed, but the CK TL 50 came floating down and I can't even tell where it hit Got to get tunned up to fly tomorrow
Charger is offline Find More Posts by Charger
Old Mar 10, 2007, 09:34 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
I added a new manuever to my list yesterday. Although, I would say its NOT my favorite by a long shot.

Doing the maiden on a prototype Sledgehammer from Ohio Combat (Grumman5277s plane). Did one pattern, at about half throttle to trim and "get the feel" of it. AWESOME PLANE and DANG this thing is fast even at half throttle. But, for some reason I was getting some bad glitches. So, I killed the thottle to bring it in.

All the sudden in the middle of a slow turn I lost all control. I tried everything... nothing. It burned in strait down from about 80-90 feet nose first (notice I said "burned"). It bounced about 4' in the air when it hit solid dirt by my neighbors house. I sighed and started walking trying to figure out what happened. Then I saw the smoke... walk went to a dead sprint really quickly!

I got to it, ripped the hatch open and pulled out the brand new batteries to save them. Turns out the speed control burned up.. and I mean BURNED UP! When it did, the battery leads were disconnected causing the loss of control.

Luckily, there was absolutely NO damage to the plane from the hit/bounce!!!! I was completely amazed at that! Not even a wrinkle in the nose. There is a nice burn mark on the inside where the ESC was though and it smells like crap. Pretty amazing IMO, but dont try this at home! lol

This time a CC 45 will go into it and Im sure the problem will be solved.

Laine
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
Wheeeeee!
VAFB, California
Joined Oct 2005
276 Posts
My own Zagi remains a sloper. My favorite manuver is when the wind is really up and bubbly, I can nose in to it, come to a stop, and actually fly backwards tword the slope! Once I reach the lip, I drop the nose and she goes SWOOPING back out into the current! It looks really cool to see a Zagi soaring backwards.
Birdchased is offline Find More Posts by Birdchased
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:52 PM
just winging it
Fairfield, CA 94533
Joined Oct 2006
412 Posts
I finished this plane in November. It is a MINI XE 36"wing by combatwing's it took a few adjustments and a couple of rough landings to get it right they just mowed the grass and there was dew on the grass so my wing was coated with grass from my landing's, there was no wind it was perfect test conditions.my radio wasn't charged so it was beeping the whole time people are walking there dogs and there is houses all around this park. It is 9:00 am on Saturday and i haven't flown for 3 months so i need to go flying . I opened it up it was so load but it was gone it moved like a bat out of @#$# i haven't had that speed i have only flown 48" size wings man talk about a adrenaline rush no problem to get altitude corners so smooth i was laughing the whole time.wasn't sure if my radio was going to die so i cut it short.I guess the only maneuver that i did was a loop call me old fashion it was the best 5 min.i have flown in a long time. i am charging up my batteries and heading back out.fly them if you got them.400 multi plex i know not the best motor i am learning 45 cc, 3s2100 thunder power,4.75x4.75 apc prop. 225 servos hitec.taped and mono coated i know i am still learning ck class has flown me the way.
john wing is offline Find More Posts by john wing
Last edited by john wing; Jul 06, 2010 at 02:57 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Running the props up on my twin before launch,just to see everyones reaction.LOL
Ck
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:20 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,427 Posts
Yeah, what a sound!!
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:44 AM
cant leave things stock
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined Feb 2007
1,457 Posts
me & my 40 incher

I like to dive & do victory rolls climbing & then snap to level flight while carying allot of speed
I also like corkscrew type rolls & when doing normal rolls I like to do them slowly
really big loops are fun followed immediatly by rolls
rolls like 10 feet off the ground
rolls up high till the plane is in a rolling dive & then snap it out close to the ground
Oh yeah I like flying in the wind too :-) its challenging

its all so friggin fun I could go on & on Im so glad I picked up this hobby :-)
have a great weekend
JAK
jstoll is offline Find More Posts by jstoll
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:46 AM
cant leave things stock
Joined Feb 2007
1,457 Posts
klique I really like the sound of a twinn
I think the next plane I buld will have 2 of these chinese 450 3500KV motors :-)
take care
JAK
Old Mar 11, 2007, 01:04 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
Jak why such high kv motors?
Ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoll
klique I really like the sound of a twinn
I think the next plane I buld will have 2 of these chinese 450 3500KV motors :-)
take care
JAK
Old Mar 11, 2007, 09:01 AM
cant leave things stock
Joined Feb 2007
1,457 Posts
Im running NIMH batteries 9 cell 4/5A so to get the RPMs I run this motor
do you have another sugjestion? Im all ears :-)
thanks
JAK
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:18 AM
Joined Jan 2007
175 Posts
Can anyone point me to a thread or webpage that could help explain to me KV etc, and what they mean.

I think KV means the RPM right? Higher KV = faster turning?
MedicWill is offline Find More Posts by MedicWill
Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:28 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,781 Posts
KV is the no load rpm the motor turns w each volt added.
JAK your bats are limiting you,get some more stick time then lets go up in volts w lipos .
ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicWill
Can anyone point me to a thread or webpage that could help explain to me KV etc, and what they mean.

I think KV means the RPM right? Higher KV = faster turning?