Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 02, 2007, 06:14 PM
United States, MI, Rochester
Joined Feb 2007
69 Posts
Discussion
Any stock micro rtf planes worth buying?

Ok so I'm not an expert on these things by any means but all I read about is how you have to modify these little planes to get them to fly correctly or somewhat normally. Does any manufacturer make a good plane that flys good without modifying it? If so tell me the manufacturer and model number. I have tried a few out and have been less than impressed with them. I haven't owned an "Aero Ace" but have tried the Acro Ace, the estes yellow and purple and the storm launcher. so far I have liked the estes the best but it has it's quirks too! 2 minute shut off, pulsing motors, 1.5 second turning limiter. I just want something that flys nice without having to do a buch of crap to it or spend a lot of money on it, or adapt my flying controls nature to it such as pulsing for turning and that kind of stuff!
h20guy is offline Find More Posts by h20guy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2007, 06:31 PM
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Wait for the Kyosho Minium Cessna 210! It's coming out in May and will be an amazing little plane bulit to scale! There has been a lot of discussion on it already. Do a search on the forums.

Check out the video here:

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/movie/...ium_eng_hp.wmv
j4jure is offline Find More Posts by j4jure
Old Mar 02, 2007, 08:55 PM
Quit asking ???s, get a Quark!
On a 20ft ladder with a 20ft stick beating an airplane out of a tree. In Spokane, WA.
Joined Oct 2006
713 Posts
buy an AAbipe. spend 2 or 3 weeks learning how to fly it, then start modifying the thing. you wont believe what fun they are withourt the lower wing and the zero throttle turning mod.

My original bipe was $30. the total $ amount i have spent on mods is less than $7 (labor not included - thats the fun part) altho i did have some elec bitsnpieces hanging around. It is by far the best bang for the micro rtf world out there IMHO.
wetwolf is offline Find More Posts by wetwolf
Old Mar 02, 2007, 11:58 PM
1 paycheck away from homeless
United States, KS
Joined Mar 2006
4,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4jure
Wait for the Kyosho Minium Cessna 210! It's coming out in May and will be an amazing little plane bulit to scale! There has been a lot of discussion on it already. Do a search on the forums.

Check out the video here:

http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/fun/movie/...ium_eng_hp.wmv
Yep! I gotta get one of these. It flies awesome in the video! Better than any of the RTFs I have seen yet.

Steve
ghostmechanic is offline Find More Posts by ghostmechanic
Old Mar 03, 2007, 11:00 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
It looks like a great flier!

Weighs about the same as an AA. 18g. That means outdoor flying in near calm winds, like the AAs. I don't know about the 70mAh lipo though. AA has a 130 mAh lipo.

According to the guys in this thread, this plane will go for around $150-$160. I hope less.

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Mar 03, 2007, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC
I don't know about the 70mAh lipo though. AA has a 130 mAh lipo.
KC, I've read a spec somewhere, which says flight times for the Cessna are around 15 minutes! I think that is outstanding if true. Can't wait to get one myself.
j4jure is offline Find More Posts by j4jure
Old Mar 03, 2007, 12:56 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
And charging time of about 20 min.... wow, that would be incredible. You can literally fly continually with 2 lipos and 5 min breaks to cool the motor.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=101476

KC
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Mar 03, 2007, 01:19 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
That shows the 2.4 Ghz CAN be had cheaper.
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old Mar 04, 2007, 01:05 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2003
1,091 Posts
One of our club members showed up at the indoor flying last night with one of the new Tyco planes. Impressive. Couple of quick flights to set the thrust lines (they are adjustable) and it was flying better than any of our much modified Air Hogs. It is easier to get smooth turns pulsing the throttle, but that is a characteristic of thrust vector, not a design failure.
defranci is offline Find More Posts by defranci
Old Mar 04, 2007, 04:31 PM
Joined May 2006
2,854 Posts
I tried to find the Tyco but no luck . Where did he get it ?

Ken
nubee 1 is offline Find More Posts by nubee 1
Old Mar 05, 2007, 11:09 AM
NYC
Joined Jul 2005
378 Posts
h20guy:

For about $35, the AA Biplane is the way to go.................. I like the way the AA jet glides, so stock it's my fav....but I love the bipe for modding and very small field flying.....

Once you leave 2 channel stuff behind, the costs go way up.......

Nubee 1:

I think the "Tyco" reference is to the "Tyco Sky Force" profile planes, availible from some Toys r Us, some Walmarts, some Targets......

Most consistant supply is at TrU (for AA stuff as well.)

Happy con(trails)*****************************
dickbong is offline Find More Posts by dickbong
Old Mar 05, 2007, 02:19 PM
newbie and proud of it
Frederick County MD
Joined Feb 2007
316 Posts
hey nubee here is a link http://www.toysrus.com/family/index....d=2290621&pg=5

My local Toys r us has many of these in stock Tyco
goldenboymd is offline Find More Posts by goldenboymd