Closed Thread
Old Mar 02, 2007, 02:07 PM
Put a bigger motor on it!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,388 Posts
Cool
Top Flite 60 size Corsair for sale

So here's the story: I bought a Top Flite 60 size Corsair after I graduated college a little more than 2 years ago. I spent the next 3 months building the kit over the winter and when I finally finished it, I moved from ATL to CA the very next day for a job. Yes, that did suck tremendously. I had hopes of bringing it out to CA with me some day, but now I see that you can't fly gas planes anywhere around Orange County anymore; only electrics. I am now into smaller electrics and have no use for my Corsair anymore. I am thinking about selling it but wondered what kind of offers I'd get. If you are serious about buying it from me, we can arrange something. It is currently at my Dad's house 15 minutes north of Atlanta, and you would have to be able to pick it up. Here's some more info about the plane:

I don't have a picture, but it looks just like the pictures on the box. Navy blue, with yellow wing/fin tips. All decals applied. I did not install retracts, but I did install the split flaps. The engine is a .80 2-stroke (I think Thunder Tiger), and I've ran about 1/8 tank of gas through it just to hear its sound. It is still brand new and needs to be broken in. I have JR standard servos in it, all brand new except for flap and throttle servos, and I installed one servo on each aileron, not just one servo for both like the manual tells you to do. The plane is built beautifully. I also have the dummy radial engine painted and installed. This was maybe the 7th or 8th kit I've built, and it was the 2nd Top Flite scale warbird I've built (I also built the 60 size P-40). This plane is ready to fly. All you need to do is add your receiver, break in the engine, balance the model, and take-off. I'd like to get back what I put into the model, especially since it's brand new and I never got to use it, so I'm thinking that's somewhere around $450-$500. I can take the servos out and reduce the price if necessary.

PM me with questions if you have any.
gtfreeflyer is offline Find More Posts by gtfreeflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2007, 02:29 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,817 Posts
pics ???????????
Ldm is online now Find More Posts by Ldm
Old Mar 02, 2007, 03:30 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,388 Posts
I'll have to ask my Dad to take some pics and email them to me. Any specific pics you'd like to see? I can have him remove the wing and snap some pics inside the fuse if you want, but I don't want to ask him to remove the prop and cowl just because he's not familiar with rc planes and I don't want him messing up the cowl or dummy radial. Let me know what you want to see, and I'll request the photos to be taken. Where are you located?
Old Mar 02, 2007, 04:02 PM
Zero Killer
So Cal.
Joined Feb 2007
134 Posts
Sorry to hear about your plight about flying gas down there. I hear the major issue at hand is that the frequency of most model engines causes the silicone in breast implants to resonate (or vibrate). Since most OC girls opt for the C or D cups (the most commonly reported cup sizes with this problem) There was a rise in auto accidents and other mishaps due to lack of concentration on the part of the affected parties in direct relation to their distance from the nearest flying field.

Seriously now.....

I don't know how often you travel to the inland empire (Riverside, Hemet, etc.) but there are some pretty decent fields out there that still welcome good ol' wet power if you might be looking for an alternative to selling the plane.
HellcatAce is offline Find More Posts by HellcatAce
Old Mar 02, 2007, 05:01 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,388 Posts
Yeah, I'm aware of the IE, but I don't want to be driving that far out. I like the field that is in between my work and home Very convenient! If it doesn't sell, I could always pay a premium to ship it out here, and then a fortune to convert it over to an electric! However, something is just not right about warbirds if they don't have a loud engine. They are not supposed to be clean and good for the environment!
Old Mar 02, 2007, 09:10 PM
Crazy but Loveable
Lincoln Municipal, Nebraska, United States
Joined May 2004
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellcatAce
Sorry to hear about your plight about flying gas down there. I hear the major issue at hand is that the frequency of most model engines causes the silicone in breast implants to resonate (or vibrate). Since most OC girls opt for the C or D cups (the most commonly reported cup sizes with this problem) There was a rise in auto accidents and other mishaps due to lack of concentration on the part of the affected parties in direct relation to their distance from the nearest flying field.
Ah, yes. The infamous JBS (Jiggly Boob Syndrome.)
flyboy2610 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy2610
Old Mar 13, 2007, 02:44 PM
KF5TIP
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
I'm interested if you still have the plane for sale. PM what your looking for and we can go from there.
daubut is offline Find More Posts by daubut
Old Mar 21, 2007, 09:13 PM
s.c.
Joined Aug 2006
21 Posts
I think I'm also interested and I only live about 2 hrs from atl.
andyj1006 is offline Find More Posts by andyj1006
Old Aug 28, 2008, 03:36 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Feb 2007
1,388 Posts
Wow, didn't know this thread still existed! I still have the plane and it was just shipped to me from ATL last week. I'm keeping her now and giving an electric makeover!

Thanks for the interest. Closing thread now...
Closed Thread