HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:26 PM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
421 Posts
Discussion
Whats the deal with these Picco Z's being sold out?

Did they stop making the Picco or something? I bought 2 at Toys R Us on Saturday after they supposedly just came in, now I have a dead LiPo in mine and they're already sold out. Every Toys R Us, Walmart, Radio Shack within a 100 mile radius is sold out. In addition, I could find both the Picco Z, and it's Air Hogs clone on the Radio Shack and Toys R Us sites, respectively. Now 5 days later they've both been removed. Anyone know where to get one, or if they aren't selling them anymore? Where can you buy LiPos that small?
bfaulguy is offline Find More Posts by bfaulguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2007, 05:09 PM
Inventor
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Mar 2005
179 Posts
the same in Sweden, but now, after over 2 months waiting - theyve come to a couple of stores(incl. our local Toys'R'Us).. bought 4 of them today, Im going for another 2-3 birds tomorrow in another store

I think your toysrus will get them, cause they are still here, only trouble gettin them out after the christmas-sellout. for example - the holdup for us in Sweden was just delivery-from-factory delay..

those small battery's ->> for example..

http://www.plantraco.com/

Indoorflyer has down to 20mAh Fullriver LiPos
http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/

cheers.

/Daniel.
conversion is offline Find More Posts by conversion
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:07 PM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
421 Posts
Wouldn't you want to replace the battery with at least a 50 MAH though? I'd think a 20 would give you much less flight time, and it already is lacking in that department. What about a battery bigger than stock? Has anyone done that?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 08:59 PM
FNG-4-Life
Bossier City LA
Joined Jan 2007
181 Posts
The "real" Havocs are sold almost as soon as they appear around here at $29.99 (I think I've shown too many people how fun they are)

My LHS has around 50 copies of a knockoff, he's selling for $43 each...and he still seems to sell them quickly...
Pondafarr is offline Find More Posts by Pondafarr
Old Mar 01, 2007, 06:16 AM
Shawnee, Kansas
Joined Oct 2005
598 Posts
There were at least 20 at my local walmart yesterday.
Ched is offline Find More Posts by Ched
Old Mar 01, 2007, 12:15 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
I'm within 100 miles of you and the Havoc's / ligit PiccoZ's, are all over. Saw 5 at the WallMart in Pottstown last night. Other Targets and Wally's have them out here too. 30 miles NE of Philly.
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Mar 01, 2007, 12:41 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
My LHS has like 50 plus of the newer release that picco has. They are more rounded and lack in glitching. But the are also like $43.50 plus tax.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Mar 01, 2007, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2007
65 Posts
Its the same story here in california. I bought a havoc heli the day they appeared on the shelf in January and there were 3 left. The next day I went back to see how many were left and they were all gone. They didn't get any new ones until about 3 weeks later! Business must be good at Air Hogs.
helixpilot is offline Find More Posts by helixpilot
Old Mar 01, 2007, 04:03 PM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
421 Posts
Well after seemingly endless calling around, I found one at a TRU. Last one. I had them put it on hold, then drove there. A guy and his son were walking in, and my girlfriend jokingly said "better hurry up and get in there before they get it first!" Well, I went over just to doublecheck there weren't any more on the shelves before picking mine up, and the guy was actually looking for it too! I still can't believe how popular these things are!
Old Mar 01, 2007, 04:50 PM
Inventor
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Mar 2005
179 Posts
bought 2 more from Toys r Us today again, and I asked, and they had no intention to stop relating with silverlit

(just had to say, Im new to these Piccoz, have 8 of them now, 2 PiccoZ n 6 Piccopter "Havoc" in US ? an the latter flys almost 5min more then the old PiccoZ)

Daniel
Old Mar 01, 2007, 09:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
19 Posts
Piccoz is a knockoff. Silverlit PicooZ (SpinMaster/AirHogs Havoc Heli) is the original. Silverlit sued for patent infringement, which stopped the sale of Piccoz in a lot of places but they aren't keeping up with demand.
buggar is offline Find More Posts by buggar
Old Mar 02, 2007, 02:54 AM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Jun 2004
69 Posts
non-glitching release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
My LHS has like 50 plus of the newer release that picco has. They are more rounded and lack in glitching. But the are also like $43.50 plus tax.
This is the first I've heard of a "newer release" that's more rounded and more important without glitching.

Has anyone seen this anywhere online? If so, please point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Air_Screw is online now Find More Posts by Air_Screw
Old Mar 02, 2007, 09:09 AM
Inventor
Sweden, Gothenburg
Joined Mar 2005
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggar
Piccoz is a knockoff. Silverlit PicooZ (SpinMaster/AirHogs Havoc Heli) is the original. Silverlit sued for patent infringement, which stopped the sale of Piccoz in a lot of places but they aren't keeping up with demand.

Im not following here.. is there a difference between "PiccoZ"-name and "Piccoz"-name ? one of them a replica ? It says Silverlit PiccoZ on my first 2 boxes, n Silverlit Picopter on the other 6 boxes. Im new to this tiny heli soo I dont now much about it at all.

/Daniel
Old Mar 02, 2007, 09:14 AM
Joined Dec 2002
163 Posts
I recently saw a tv infomercial for the Havoc--with an order by phone offer for the copter with landing pad, hook, & rescue figure accessories for like $60 bucks. Made me think that maybe they were trying to go to direct order over retail. For what it's worth.

I seldom see them in stores, and when I do, I can tell they are returns. Add in some cases people have stole them right out of the package, leaving nothing but empty boxes on the shelves.
PhilA is offline Find More Posts by PhilA
Old Mar 02, 2007, 10:49 AM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
I see the Air Hogs version at Target all the time for $29.99. Toys R Us had them by mail for $22.99 last week.
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat