SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:10 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Oct 2003
2,720 Posts
Discussion
Setting Up Your Car For Night Driving

I'm looking for some manufactures that make light kits for rc cars. The ones i have found are the ones from yokomo, but they are priced rediculously high. I was able to find some from DDM as well, but they are too long, about 6 ft or 2 4ft wires. who makes some good lights for both neons under the car OR head/tailights? if i was to just get some LED's, how could they be hooked up to the body to act as headlights? im guessing a special body would be needed, besaids yokomo does anyone make one? thanks for the help!
flyinazn10 is offline Find More Posts by flyinazn10
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:52 AM
Joined Feb 2007
19 Posts
standard LED lights are generally gonna be 12 volt, make a harness from servo wire and steal power from the BEC on the receiver, drill a hole and glue them in place, radio shack may have some leds if not local computer stores my work as they use them in computer cases for hd lights etc
LosiXxXT is offline Find More Posts by LosiXxXT
Old Feb 25, 2007, 01:47 AM
USA'd ex Brit
Back.. In California
Joined Aug 2006
5,780 Posts
RAM electronics do lighting set-up's for boats and aircraft.. so i guess the might do them for car's too.. Or if not, they could be adapted for cars.
To DIY neons, a LED in either end of a straw, cut to length makes a good strip type light. You may need to play with the color of the straw though to get the effect you want.
toesup is offline Find More Posts by toesup