HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2007, 05:42 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Discussion
Bad hair day, how about bad fly day

Well, I got out the ole rex and worked on it again. Got it flying great. No problems at all. So, I decide to install my Airwolf body. got it all put together running up the heli Ok, get about 6 inches off the ground and the Head explodes. Blade grip broke. Took out my airwolf tailboom Stock boom OK. Damage acessment: 1 Main blade, 1 Blade grip, and Airwolf tailboom. Then I go in and get my CP2, flying around do a real nice loop bring er around and started doing a fast piro and I see a little black piece go flying. Half of my tailrotor goes flying, kinda of a hard landing and broke the tip of a skid. basically all minor damages Im Charging a battery now to go and fly my Jet, hope this dont crash. Gotta get my fix in because we suppose to be having some bad storms tomorrow.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
yup,

I shattered 1 set of KOK Extremes, one set Like90's and two pair EF woodies on my heliup gun in the last two days working on ff roll into stationary inverted hover. Plus the normal main shaft, spendle, per set of blades and one tail shaft too. A flying buddy exploded the tail on his Rex and brand new recrute from work experienced his first "clack of death" with his new Blade CX. Were all up and flying again....meeting at the gym tonight.

maybe something in the stars...???
Futura is offline Find More Posts by Futura
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:09 PM
Joined Jul 2006
166 Posts
Venus and Mars are alright tonight!

Notification on the PO box that something has arrived, hope it's my new Trex head.

Futura, where are you located, I work in Lexington, live about 85 miles away in Ga.?
Slowthumbs is offline Find More Posts by Slowthumbs
Old Feb 23, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hopelessly hooked
South Carolina USA
Joined Jul 2005
781 Posts
couple miles south of Greenville...place called Mauldin.....SC.

For me, Venus is cranky this evening and Mars.....just wants to fly heli's. Maybe a good stake dinner will help Venus' alignment....I can only hope.

Weeks of charge and fly and then the last couple days have me shakin. I'm just going to take it easy through my battery burning tonight and hope to bring'em all home in one piece. Time to rework my confidence...

I'm a slow learner (don't like breaking my toys) and just now working on different transitions into inverted hovers. I usually just flip backwards to get invert.
Futura is offline Find More Posts by Futura
Old Feb 23, 2007, 08:52 PM
Needs a vacation
In a house
Joined Nov 2005
2,246 Posts
....ah yes, the ever-feared BCX blade strike. when you have the parts available, and the know-how to fix it fast, its kinda funny. youll just be flying, and hear the smack, and it just drops to the floor...straight down. like a duck getting shot or something.

yeah, ive had bad flying days, but usually i get off with just some bad flying...not usually crashes ...knock on wood.
thermlin' is offline Find More Posts by thermlin'
Old Feb 23, 2007, 09:09 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Well, I flew my jet, Got it so high it was but a speck against the blue background. Couple of close calls with some trees and the ground but another few sucessful flights on my ole DF micro jet. Ive had the blade clatter happen on my BCX once.....ok, several times. mainly flying to fast and then turning. One time fighting a little wind the blades begin to bump into each other. I had one of those grins on my face where the corners of my mouth almost begin to touch. Kinda funny how wives dont get it. I usually dont buy two of the same helis unless I really like it and Im putting another Rex on the agenda. Its getting easier to sneek in more helis because I got so many of em.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:09 PM
Only electrons, Martha
Outside Philadelphia
Joined Nov 2002
2,019 Posts
Quote:
Its getting easier to sneek in more helis because I got so many of em.
That is so true. It seems the more I get, the less she notices additions I even got her to buy me a DX7 for my birthday this year !!!
ShellDude is offline Find More Posts by ShellDude