HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:44 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
Flew the TAR out of my SLOW STICK-X today!

At one point, I was extremly lucky!!!

Had two models using the same non-computer Transmitter and forgot to reverse the freaking dip switch for the ailerons on my SLOW STICK-X when I attempted to fly it again and it took off with them reversed and it rolled inverted and landed inverted very flat and NOTHING BROKE!

The wing had just a slight misalignment and a few rubber bands entered the aileron cavity area and it was super easy to bring back to flight status without taking off the rudder bands nor the wing assembly

Fortunately, this incident did not happened when I had the Video Camcorder onboard!

Oh, yes....here's the Video footage of this very large open field South of the Orlando International Airport and it's called the BOOGY CREEK Field.

http://www.vimeo.com/475156
I can assure you that we do not use any tar in the construction of the Slow Stick X.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2008, 09:59 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
TAR......

Of course I used "Tar" figuratively but, there is a known process such that Tar can be produced from corn stalks by heating in a microwave. This process is known as pyrolysis.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jan 07, 2008, 03:12 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,490 Posts
I have been known to fly the snot out of mine guapoman2000 can you give us directions to Boggy Creek field?
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Jan 07, 2008, 04:36 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof
I have been known to fly the snot out of mine guapoman2000 can you give us directions to Boggy Creek field?

It is off from SR-417 (GreenBelt Expressway) and need to exit at Boggy Creek exit. Once you get off you need to turn in such a manner to head North like you are going into the Airport from the South. However, instead you take your very first LEFT after the exit from SR-417.

Once you turn LEFT you will pass over the South Bound Lanes of Boggy Creek and you will continue WEST and the road will twist slightly towards your Left then it will striaghten out and this very large field will be on your Right (North side).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...&t=h&z=10&om=1
Old Jan 07, 2008, 05:01 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Boggy Creek Road (near the Orlando International Airport!)

Pictures are better than a thousand words
Old Jan 07, 2008, 06:54 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof
No pictures please!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2008, 08:42 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
I wanted to get involved in this thread. I picked up the kit at Hodges a couple of weeks ago to keep me busy during the days. What a fun plane to build. I was jealous of Richard and Jeff (don't tell them I said that), but now I have my own.

My LEDs just arrived, so all I have left to do is solder the LEDs up, cover the wing, then install the electronics, and she is ready to go. I think I will be picking up a Micro SSX kit when I finish this one up.

Setup:
Scorpion 2215-22
Scorpion 25A esc
AR6100
3 HS-55 servos
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Jan 07, 2008, 09:23 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
I wanted to get involved in this thread. I picked up the kit at Hodges a couple of weeks ago to keep me busy during the days. What a fun plane to build. I was jealous of Richard and Jeff (don't tell them I said that), but now I have my own.

My LEDs just arrived, so all I have left to do is solder the LEDs up, cover the wing, then install the electronics, and she is ready to go. I think I will be picking up a Micro SSX kit when I finish this one up.

Setup:
Scorpion 2215-22
Scorpion 25A esc
AR6100
3 HS-55 servos
Thanks!

I would recommend using 2 HS-55 servos for the ailerons if you must use them. Some of the extreme flight guys are stripping the gears on the HS-55.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2008, 09:29 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Thanks!

I would recommend using 2 HS-55 servos for the ailerons if you must use them. Some of the extreme flight guys are stripping the gears on the HS-55.

James
Ahhh, good to know. I was going to use HS-55's, maybe HS-65 HB would be better?
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Jan 07, 2008, 09:29 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
James,

I have a HS65 I can use for the ailerons, or do u recommend going to an HS81?
Old Jan 07, 2008, 09:37 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
Ahhh, good to know. I was going to use HS-55's, maybe HS-65 HB would be better?
You could use 1 HS-65 for the ailerons or 2 if you want flaparons.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2008, 05:50 AM
WAA pilot #21
Princeton NJ
Joined Dec 2003
3,166 Posts
Or the new HS-45 Karbonites, or the new spektrum Digitals. Ive heard good of both and recently grabbed a couple of the spektrums but havent installed em yet.
Vanning is offline Find More Posts by Vanning
Old Jan 08, 2008, 09:06 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanning
Or the new HS-45 Karbonites, or the new spektrum Digitals. Ive heard good of both and recently grabbed a couple of the spektrums but havent installed em yet.
Yes, forgot about the HS-45 carbonite. Make sure you do not use thread lock on the carbonite. It will eat it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity
I was jealous of Richard and Jeff
Preserved for posterity.....
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jan 08, 2008, 09:33 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Liquidity is the coolest guy in the world.....
Thanks dood. I think my cool points drastically increased with the SSX. I have half of the LEDs done. Now I need to solder 10 more together, then cover the wing.