HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2007, 11:46 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Ah branch out man, brraannnccch out..
If I could find an alternative fuselage it would be easy to redesign and improve the plastic.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2007, 11:57 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,298 Posts
Hmm.. Tough to improve on what is sooo perfect already..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Dec 07, 2007, 11:59 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
It will not be much longer. The mold is on the way to the US now via Air freight.
Ahh, right, just got the email explaining the delay...
Thanks
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Dec 08, 2007, 08:03 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs
3 point landing, both front landing gear and the spinner?

Diggs
nope, more like flying in circles dragging the wingtip on the ground and noticing that I am about to hit one of the support poles on Mac Hodges' barn and putting it down hard to avoid it and snapping one of the CF LG legs...

Then the other day, doing the same thing in the field next to my house, and flying through some tall grass and then finding out that it is taller than the surrounding grass because there is a small hump there..... That snapped the brace going between the two LG legs.....

I guess I should stick to flying high, but this thing just begs to be flown like the SS, it is just soooooo much more manuverable than the SS....
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Dec 08, 2007, 01:38 PM
Joined Dec 2007
7 Posts
Wow James I didnt realize how many people had your SSX until now!!!

It took me 45minutes to read thru the posts and see all the cool stuff you guys are doing with your SSXs. I really like the one with the pull pull lines for the rudder and elevator, nice work!

Mine is pretty much stock except for the landing gear......Yeah it is one of the first off of the X-gear tooling!!

This is one cool system. I have been testing these for a couple weeks now and really trying to tear it up. I finally quit counting touch and goes and bounce and stops at 287 times!!! That was because I tried flying in 25mph winds and had a gust pretty much throw the plane to the ground.

Kinda became a contest to see how many touch and goes I could do on a 1350 3s Lipo anf an eflite 450. I managed 37 tops, it is a fun thing to try...let me know if you guys can beat the 37 times including take off.

I know you guys are anxious for this gear and it wont be long until it is available to everyone!!

Here is a picture of the X-Gear on my bird....

See you online!
Chip
Ratking is offline Find More Posts by Ratking
Old Dec 08, 2007, 09:08 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmaster
The build was a bit tricky on the trainer wing because the bottom isn't flat. I proceeded like the SSX wing for half of the wing and then I used some small plastic clamps to hold the dihedral former in place and supported the leading and trailing edge pieces on blocks so that the second half of the wing was flat on the table. I noticed on both wings that it is easy to develop some wing twist because of the absence of flat surfaces. If you get the glue up right, you had better be careful in covering or you can get a twist there also. My problem on both wings was the tips. No close up photography for my wing tips...ha ha.
Thanks for the tip, this will be my first try with a built up wing. Still haven't decided on a color combo yet, or a power system.

Mike
mbragdon is offline Find More Posts by mbragdon
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
X-Gear are now shipping

We have received our first batch of X-Gear and they are now shipping. We are filling our back orders first to last. We will have no problem filling our current back order list.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Edmonton,Canada Eh
Joined Jun 2007
7,568 Posts
Quote:
We have received our first batch of X-Gear and they are now shipping. We are filling our back orders first to last. We will have no problem filling our current back order list.

James
Excellent news!
galaxiex is offline Find More Posts by galaxiex
Old Dec 13, 2007, 05:47 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
all right! just in time for Christmas!!!
Old Dec 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
all right! just in time for Christmas!!!
I have about 75 kits. However, I still want to make a few changes. The Carbon rods are just a little too loose plus the fuselage mount is not as snug as I would prefer. Both are correctable. You can glue the rods in place after you tighten the clamp or you can spray the carbon with rubberized paint. The rubberized paint keeps the carbon from turning in the clamp. The fuselage mount needs the thickness of electrical tape to make it tight. Just wrap ½” of tape around the stick before you install the gear.
I sent an e-mail to everyone on my back order list. I can send you the gear I have or you can wait another week for the production X-Gear. Please don’t misunderstand me, the X-Gear I have in stock now are solid. They work great and they are strong.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2007, 06:57 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Got my new X-gear yesterday James. Hopefully I can put them together this evening and go try them out tomorrow.... Looking good so far.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
Got my new X-gear yesterday James. Hopefully I can put them together this evening and go try them out tomorrow.... Looking good so far.
I just found out that the final plastic shipped today, I will have it tomorrow.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:53 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
I just found out that the final plastic shipped today, I will have it tomorrow.
The final plastic is a Nylon ABS blend and it is 10 times stronger than the 100% ABS material.

We will have colors other than black after the 1st of the year.

RED
Blue
Yellow
White
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
I will have to get a pair once the colors come in.
Flying-Monkey is online now Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
Old Dec 20, 2007, 08:33 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Dang, I just ordered two pair too!!! That's cool. If I ever finish all my kits, I will have like 4. And I bet they work well on a stock SS too! The color thing sounds cool. I will be snagging a blue set.

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs