Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 18, 2007, 07:22 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
I have a dozen or so of the first article coming Tuesday. We are tweaking the mold and expect production to start very soon.

The final color will be black.

Hey my friend that looks real cool

Should be a great Add on for any slow stick kit!
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Any new news on the ssx trainer?

Mike
mbragdon is offline Find More Posts by mbragdon
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:18 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbragdon
Any new news on the ssx trainer?

Mike
It's on hold, I can't settle on a design. I will get back on it after I get the Micro SSX biplane into production.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:24 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Thanks James, I want to step up from the SS but I'm not ready for the SSX. I like the quality of your kits so I'll wait.

Mike
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:25 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
James, on your site, You are able to order the new x-gear.... is that accurate? Or will you be added to a list to ship when it becomes available?
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstone
James, on your site, You are able to order the new x-gear.... is that accurate? Or will you be added to a list to ship when it becomes available?

I got first samples of X-gear this week and spent some time testing. The new gear is going to be great. I am expecting another batch of samples on the 30th. If those are good and I expect them to be, production will start the following week.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:38 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Thanks James, I want to step up from the SS but I'm not ready for the SSX. I like the quality of your kits so I'll wait.

Mike
It won’t be long. Thanks for being patient.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
It won’t be long. Thanks for being patient.
It will be worth the wait from what I have have read on this site!

Mike
Old Dec 01, 2007, 12:28 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Millennium R/C Sale

Sunday will be the last day of our 10% off after Thanksgiving sale.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2007, 11:09 AM
Bandmaster
Merritt Island, FL
Joined Jan 2007
12 Posts
Out with the Sticks at Mike's

Had to park my Sticks on the lawn so that I could get the Christmas tree down from the attic. I know that isn't politically correct, but oh well.....

Just a quick comment about the new Xgear. It would appear that setting the CG would be easier with the new gear since it can be installed without pinning it to the stick. Adjustments should be easier if you change equipment on the plane since the leading edge of the wing would be easier to move. Carry on James, it looks like you have another winner in the making.
bandmaster is offline Find More Posts by bandmaster
Old Dec 04, 2007, 12:24 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmaster
Had to park my Sticks on the lawn so that I could get the Christmas tree down from the attic. I know that isn't politically correct, but oh well.....

Just a quick comment about the new Xgear. It would appear that setting the CG would be easier with the new gear since it can be installed without pinning it to the stick. Adjustments should be easier if you change equipment on the plane since the leading edge of the wing would be easier to move. Carry on James, it looks like you have another winner in the making.
The trainer X looks great have you flown it yet?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2007, 04:42 PM
Bandmaster
Merritt Island, FL
Joined Jan 2007
12 Posts
No joy on first flight yet....

I will be flying soon. Need to build battery platforms and program planes into my DX7. My Grandson, who is a good RC pilot insists on being there, so good weather and no school is the ticket. I expect to have the radio ripped out of my hands just like when I fly the Slo Stick.

The power setup on the three planes will probably be changed later. The Slo Stick has a 400XT w/Tanic 1760 lippo. Very lively and no takeoff roll. The Trainer SSX has a Eflite 370 w/Tanic 1760 lippo and the SSX has a Eflite 450 w/FMA 2100 lippo. Should be able to exchange the wings on these two planes. I put a tail skid on the trainer and a castering tail wheel on the SSX. The Slo Stick has a steerable tail wheel, but it is a waste because the plane jumps off the ground with no roll.
bandmaster is offline Find More Posts by bandmaster
Old Dec 04, 2007, 04:52 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandmaster
I will be flying soon. Need to build battery platforms and program planes into my DX7. My Grandson, who is a good RC pilot insists on being there, so good weather and no school is the ticket. I expect to have the radio ripped out of my hands just like when I fly the Slo Stick.

The power setup on the three planes will probably be changed later. The Slo Stick has a 400XT w/Tanic 1760 lippo. Very lively and no takeoff roll. The Trainer SSX has a Eflite 370 w/Tanic 1760 lippo and the SSX has a Eflite 450 w/FMA 2100 lippo. Should be able to exchange the wings on these two planes. I put a tail skid on the trainer and a castering tail wheel on the SSX. The Slo Stick has a steerable tail wheel, but it is a waste because the plane jumps off the ground with no roll.
I am getting my first production kits of the trainer tomorrow. How was your build?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2007, 07:21 PM
East Coast Slacker
Berwick, Maine
Joined Oct 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
I am getting my first production kits of the trainer tomorrow. How was your build?
Sign me up.
Old Dec 04, 2007, 08:32 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Sign me up.
You can go to my web site and purchase a Slow Stick X build kit. Add a note that you want a Trainer kit. I have not had time to add it to my site. The trainer kit is the same price as the SSX. I Have the X Trainer decals in Red, Yellow, Blue and White. Decals are $5.00.

Thanks!

J Karpy
RCG Plus Member