HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, IN, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2008
320 Posts
Has anyone mounted a camera to one of their SSX's with good results. I would like to get some real nice flying footage in HD of course but not sure how to mount a nice camera on one of these bad boys!!
fatcat1 is offline Find More Posts by fatcat1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 01:28 PM
Moore, Oklahoma
Joined Dec 2007
33 Posts
I mount my GoPro Hero 2 to the Radical RC long battery tray. I just strap it on with velcro and rubber bands. Flew it over my property and was amazed at the great video it took.
Gregkabob is offline Find More Posts by Gregkabob
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:43 PM
Blythewood, SC
Joined Dec 2003
219 Posts
Hey Santley, I just read your post. I'm using a DX8 (AR6100e) and I have my rx mounted between the rudder & aileron servos with the antennae wires toward the rear. I havenít experienced any problems so far.
Chipped Rotor is online now Find More Posts by Chipped Rotor
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:22 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
I have a key chain camera that takes decent quality pictures until the motor starts. Then everything is bouncing around like crazy. I have tried velcro'ing the camera to a wing, then tried taping it, then tried just rubber banding. All with the same results. How do you get steady pictures?
pherz is offline Find More Posts by pherz
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2012
11 Posts
Chipped Rotor, Thanks for the reply its been up awhile. Do I understand you have the antennas running parallel with the fuselage? I have mine diagonal with the fuselage. I think I will spend some time today learning microwave antenna propagation. I was thinking that the waves came off the antenna in circles coaxial to the antenna. It was my opinion that we see the side of the aircraft most of the time the antenna should point to the pilot. However, now that I read your post I think in the DX6 manual it said the transmitter antenna should point up and not at the plane. Going to do some research today.
SamNo3D is offline Find More Posts by SamNo3D
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:45 PM
Blythewood, SC
Joined Dec 2003
219 Posts
SLOW-STICK X Build

Sam, here's a couple of photos to clarify.
Chipped Rotor is online now Find More Posts by Chipped Rotor
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,035 Posts
Thanks, that is how I have mine setup and it also is working without problems. I misunderstood you comment "antennae wires toward the rear" my bad
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
USA, KS, Lawrence
Joined Oct 2008
54 Posts
Wing upgrade assembly question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPER View Post
Wahoo got the kit today and have a question , part SC2-B shows a hole in it and to place the hole at the bottom and close to rib W2, problem is no hole in SC2- B so how do you figure out how SC2-B goes ?
I just got my wing upgrade yesterday, and had the same question that Swamper did back in post 2181, No hole in part sc2-A (In my case). Any help here?
Kansas is offline Find More Posts by Kansas
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:31 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
I just got my wing upgrade yesterday, and had the same question that Swamper did back in post 2181, No hole in part sc2-A (In my case). Any help here?
The hole has been deleted.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Modified Milennium Maidem Flight

Hi,
After a slow build (my fault, not yours) my Slow Stik is completed. I flew it the other day and it flew beautifully.
Here is the link to the video:
Maiden Flight of my Modified Millennium (1 min 16 sec)

On take off a part of the landing gear got damaged and has now been modified, so it does not happen again. The stick is 8mm not 10 and I had to customize some other parts as well, like the landing gear.

While everything went really well I think I would like a more aggressive power plant. Do you have some more suggestions?
pherz is offline Find More Posts by pherz
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:15 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherz View Post
Hi,
After a slow build (my fault, not yours) my Slow Stik is completed. I flew it the other day and it flew beautifully.
Here is the link to the video: https://vimeo.com/56488042

On take off a part of the landing gear got damaged and has now been modified, so it does not happen again. The stick is 8mm not 10 and I had to customize some other parts as well, like the landing gear.

While everything went really well I think I would like a more aggressive power plant. Do you have some more suggestions?
Great looking Slow Stick!!! Best I've seen.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pherz View Post
Hi,
Here is the link to the video: https://vimeo.com/56488042

Wow! That one makes everything I have look plain. Only thing I would recommend is move the wing forward. Looks like it is a little pitch sensitive. The CG can be as much as 1 and 1/2" back from the spar. I have a motor with more power. I do not have it on my site, you can call Wednesday to order it.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:43 PM
United States, KS, Rose Hill
Joined Sep 2007
801 Posts
Happy New Year James and family.

L.
Cherokee Flyer is online now Find More Posts by Cherokee Flyer
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:18 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Flyer View Post
Happy New Year James and family.

L.
Thanks!

Happy new year to all my great customers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,074 Posts
Happy New Year to you. Love your products.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0