SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:28 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I have a question for anyone about the sheeting on the bottom with the hole ..it is smaller than the sheeting on top (not as wide) and there's a sheet with 9 pieces with no number or explanation what are they about ?
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well ,all my questions have been answered ...Thank You James ,I know it's been said before me," Great customer service "..I 'm going to get the Bipe as soon as I get this one in the air....
Last edited by planesilver; Jun 17, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:49 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Any recomendations for servo's ? I was about to order hi-tec hs-82mg's !!but they seem heavy ...what's a good quality drop in for ailerons on this bird..
Old Jun 18, 2012, 06:04 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
Any recomendations for servo's ? I was about to order hi-tec hs-82mg's !!but they seem heavy ...what's a good quality drop in for ailerons on this bird..
Hi-tec HS-65s are perfect
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Hi-tec HS-65s are perfect
I take it cheap 9 gm servos are not the way to go???
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
I take it cheap 9 gm servos are not the way to go???
No you you can use the cheep servos. I like the Power HD 1900A.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Has anyone built a EDF SSX yet ? I 'd love to see some picture's !!
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:57 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone built a EDF SSX yet ? I 'd love to see some picture's !!
Been thinking about designing one kind of Warthog inspired.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,123 Posts
Been flying both on simulator. If they fly half as good in the real world as thy do on the computer, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger.
Bill0 is online now Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:29 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Been thinking about designing one kind of Warthog inspired.
Well after I finish this one ,then a Bipe and a flat sport wing I'll play with that myself I built the trainer wing on this one I'm waiting for the covering to arrive, I'll keep this one simple for now as this is my first covering job... Oh, what size EDF's ( Gotta have two ) and yank and bank with two soild rudder's,elevon mix ,do you think....I tend to get ahead of myself...
Last edited by planesilver; Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:19 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
What is the best way to secure the Millenium brushless motor onto the SS with the aluminum stick?
I want to be able to replace it if it gets broken.

Thanks
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Jun 29, 2012, 07:28 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
What is the best way to secure the Millenium brushless motor onto the SS with the aluminum stick?
I want to be able to replace it if it gets broken.

Thanks
Any 10 mm stick mount will be good as long as it works with the motor,and easy to replace, the Millenium mount will work with many motors...with a aluminum stick a aluminum mount would look nice ...Headsup rc has 10 mm aluminum mounts...If I get the bug to build another soon I was thinking aluminum stick and chrome covering...sort of "Spirit of Stick" it would be shinny
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:21 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Quote:
Any 10 mm stick mount will be good as long as it works with the motor,and easy to replace, the Millenium mount will work with many motors...with a aluminum stick a aluminum mount would look nice ...Headsup rc has 10 mm aluminum mounts...If I get the bug to build another soon I was thinking aluminum stick and chrome covering...sort of "Spirit of Stick" it would be shinny
I just have the Millenium motor mount which comes with a self tapping screw to fasten it to the stick. I am wondering if a bit of hot glue around the back of the square hole after it is mounted and fastened with the screw would be something removable yet a little extra hold.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:43 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
I just have the Millenium motor mount which comes with a self tapping screw to fasten it to the stick. I am wondering if a bit of hot glue around the back of the square hole after it is mounted and fastened with the screw would be something removable yet a little extra hold.
Fit some balsa or even a short piece of harder wood if you feel a need for it ...I just drilled a horizontal hole put a screw ,washer,nut and some locktite and it's easy enough to change out...With the alum. fuze ,they tend to bend easy with a nose-over ...and I've split glass one's also on gws SS,with a drill...so ya pay's your money and ya take your chance
Old Jul 05, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well ,I maidened the SSX today and everyone loved it .....rolled out and took off very nice ,turned and started to gain altitude to trim it and 30 seconds into the flight the cheap 2.4 Rx lost contact with the Tx and down it came in a spiral of death ... Thanks to my superior building skill's and Millenium's Great design damage was minor just a prop and the motor mount...I'll post a video in the next day or so..