HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:23 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Jeff, who is Pete and why do I not know him?
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
You know Pete Warlick! The older guy that drives the ford f-150. He is the one that always has the bigger planes, and you can see compost hanging around him
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Nov 20, 2009, 03:14 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesppp View Post
If you want to sell them, let me know what you want..I can pay you and pick them up next time I come down to fly helis with Joey or something like that.
I can maybe meet Joey next week since I will be in Perry some.
Since they were given to me, I cannot sell them to you. I will break the flying buddy code! You are welcome to take them though!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:28 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,714 Posts
Hey, I appreciate the offer and it is mighty nice of you. Im not even sure Ill make it down before SEFF. I hope to but dont know.

You will probably want to do a little float flying when the pretty springtime weather comes back around.

If you still have them next spring and dont plan on using them maybe we can work out a trade for something.

I do appreciate your kind offer.

Jimmy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:40 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
I have a set already, and an entire SSx dedicated to float flying these are spares.... Just send me a PM whenever you are ready for them
Old Nov 21, 2009, 07:23 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,646 Posts
Not having any personal experience with this plane, I need some help. Do you think this would be a good first time balsa build? If yes, why? Or if not, why not?

See this thread for reference. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1117471

Thanks!

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Absolutely! It was my first. Parts are well cut, the construction is carefully thought out and the parts fit together like a big jigsaw puzzle. Not only that, the instructions are top notch.
It is also fairly easy to cover as there are no really complex curves or areas to try and fit the covering in..
Old Nov 21, 2009, 07:42 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
IRKS Electric Event!

Well guys,

I attended a super nice Electric Fun Fly from IRKS (Indian River Kontrol Society) RC Club in Cocoa, Florida.

Lots of local vendors came to show their products and one of them was James with his wonderful Millennium products and James allowed me to take a close look at the Steerable tail wheel he sells as I was a little confused on how to install but, it turns out it is super easy!

I like to Thank James one more time for being my SPOTTER during my RC flights with my Park Zone T-28 and F4U models at the flight line!

THANK YOU JAMES!!

I enjoyed watching James fly all of his models and there was someone else flying some of his Millennium RC Models.

It was a terrific time watching all those very expensive, large Electric Ducted Fan Jets all the way to the micro Electric models that flew just as good.

Also, and most importantly there was someone from RC UNIVERSE filiming and taking pictures while all of us flew! Stay tuned for the latest news from RCU!!!

There's the thread!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1128833

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Nov 21, 2009, 07:44 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,646 Posts
That's great to hear! I'll definitely add this to the beginner's build list.

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcproptester View Post
I have a set already, and an entire SSx dedicated to float flying these are spares.... Just send me a PM whenever you are ready for them

Thanks man. If I see an opportunity to come down and fly with Joey Ill shoot you a PM.

Got my plane covered today. It turns out that the red Ulltracote I already had was flourescent. Oh well

The pics dont really show how bright it is..I use these colors on most of my heli canopies cause i need all the help I can get seeing and keeping them oriented..I got glasses last year too...Getting older kind of sucks...but definitely beats the option..

Hopefully I can finish this thing in the morning and get it in the air

This is the first plane Ive built since 1999 and the first Ive covered with Ultracote. I like Ultracote much, much better than Monocote. When I hit it with theheat gun it just got smoooooth quick. Even the tips in a seperate color were super easy to get smooth..I like Ultracote.

Will windex work for putting the SSX decal on the wing panel or should I use a couple of drops of dish soap in a pint of water???
Last edited by jamesppp; Nov 21, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:14 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Looks good!
Old Nov 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Early Sunday morning flight with my Slow Stick-X and the Hidden Bubble Gum video camera onboard!

Just lots of fun! Next time I will install it away from the prop wash!

Slow Stick-X flight over East Orlando RC Park 11-22-09 (6 min 25 sec)
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Nov 22, 2009, 03:58 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,229 Posts
Cool video. When the prop would windmill it sounds like a motor trying to restart.

Nice flying field! Do you get to use the lake for your seaplanes?

Dalton
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,714 Posts
Thanks, Rcproptester.

I got it ready to go this afternoon but it rained off and on all day with high wind..just a nasty day

With the smaller packs I have, 1350-1500mah it balances a 1/2 inch behind the spar. With the 2250 mah packs it is nose heavy but should fly fine. I cant wait to try it

I wanted to mount the tail servo tray behind the wing so that the pushrods werent right in the way of the rubber band hooks on the on the wing supports but it seemed to be too tail heavy with the HS 65 servos there. I have the aileron servos mounted under the wing on the back side of the main spar

Do I need to program in some aileron differential? If so, how much? I set up a flaperon wing..so I can play with spoilerons and flaperons a little bit.

Just need some more of the beautiful weather like we has all of last weekend..

Jimmy
Old Nov 23, 2009, 06:24 AM
Don't be scared, fly it!
Georgia, USA
Joined Mar 2008
618 Posts
[QUOTE=jamesppp;13638142]This is the first plane Ive built since 1999 and the first Ive covered with Ultracote. I like Ultracote much, much better than Monocote. When I hit it with theheat gun it just got smoooooth quick. Even the tips in a seperate color were super easy to get smooth..I like Ultracote.

I no'ssssss thats rite!

hehe

Robert
Cloud Cruiser is offline Find More Posts by Cloud Cruiser