HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2007, 03:06 AM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Feb 2007
41 Posts
Discussion
Anyone tried this? AH-64 Apache RTF

searched around here and couldnt find anything... anyone tried it? opinions? looks fun but would you even consider this over a Lama v3? (i think it looks cooler, but would rather go with tried and true than an unknown...)

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricRCA...pterDR678.html

thx for any replies
Goose68 is offline Find More Posts by Goose68
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:17 AM
United States, NC, Dobson
Joined Jan 2007
1,217 Posts
I looks pretty, and cool, but I would go with the blade cx, or cp. Flight range is kind of short I think. I'm just getting into flying well trying to hover and started off with a blade cp pro, and it's kind of hard to manage it, without crashing. People reconmend the coaxil heli, so Id go with the cx, or cp. But if you allready have one of these, and just looking for something cool go for it.
RCHSF is offline Find More Posts by RCHSF
Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
Mom says I'm special...
Aurora, CO
Joined Apr 2003
2,562 Posts
Search in the multi-rotor forums, I recall reading about a few guys that have bought that heli. Some of 'em got gypped on e-bay for a 2-channel version being sold as a 4-channel. Others had mixed results with the electronics.

Good luck!
beafraid8 is offline Find More Posts by beafraid8
Old Feb 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
beafraid - wasn't that the Colco Apache? Not this one with GT3 on it's side despite the swash looking very Colco-like.

Here you go - switchback has one.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=GT3
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Last edited by TachyonDriver; Feb 20, 2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
FNG-4-Life
Bossier City LA
Joined Jan 2007
181 Posts
My LHS has one of those as a shelf display, he flies it around as a multi-rotor demo. It seems to fly well, has alot of "snap" in its manuvering. My BCX turns very slowly compared, this AH-64 seems to have faster and more precise piroettes.

My LHS does not have any replacement parts for it, but the Microheli blades seem to fit.

Looks cool, but too much like a toy compared to the "hobby quality" that we generally expect to fly.
Pondafarr is offline Find More Posts by Pondafarr
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:46 AM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Feb 2007
41 Posts
ooops, yer right. I guess I should have posted this on the multi-rotor forum...

thanks for the info.
Goose68 is offline Find More Posts by Goose68
Old Feb 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
Rave heaven
Chicago surburbanite
Joined Nov 2006
5,125 Posts
Hey, I have that exact same heli. You should just get a lama V3. Lama is much much better. the motors are underpowered, the rotors are not stiff enough, very unstable and very heavy. just go for the lama
helitaiwan963 is offline Find More Posts by helitaiwan963
Old Dec 18, 2007, 09:09 PM
Joined Dec 2007
18 Posts
Got one! They are pretty great. Started off last week with the cheapo plastic heli that goes up and down and spins out of control. Then we upgraded to the microbee/mosquito... and they stopped working, at least the tail did after a few mins of flight... so I saw the Apache online and saw it at Frys... decided to try it. I have never flown anything like it before, nor has my roomate. The thing is pretty impressive for the price. Very responsive controls. I am able to fly it around my house at a decent pace, land on obstacles, etc. Also found that our local hobby shop has parts for another model heli that with little modification will fit this chopper.
lrmzx636 is offline Find More Posts by lrmzx636