SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
Discussion
PZ Parkzone P-51 with landing gear????

I was wondering if it is possble to put landing gear on the Park Zone P-51, so that you can do a rolling take off and land also.. I hate to hand launch, but I just bought a P-51 and was going to put some landing gear on it.. Any suggestions??? Be nice guys I'm new to the hobby.. Probably a stupid question.. Just thought you guys would know.
Jet Freak is offline Find More Posts by Jet Freak
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Same response as to your other question. Please read the PZ P-51 threads here and there are a few examples showing landing gear, working rudder, etc.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418686
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Feb 19, 2007, 09:59 PM
I'm a Registered User
Evansville, WI
Joined Dec 2006
3,690 Posts
Sorting through thousands of posts on a thread can be a challenge. Even the Search This Post can yield hundreds of results...
Bugman Jeff is online now Find More Posts by Bugman Jeff
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:52 AM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff
Sorting through thousands of posts on a thread can be a challenge. Even the Search This Post can yield hundreds of results...
That is true, however I gave him the link for the main PZ P-51 thread in a thread he started yesterday. All it takes is clicking the first picture and then cycling through them until he sees what he's looking for.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 01:12 AM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
Thanks guys,I appreciate it.... I found what I was looking for... See ya
Old Feb 20, 2007, 02:06 AM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,618 Posts
I agree starting loads of more threads makes it even more confusing

www.densplanes.co.uk
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:30 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
Posts: 76 Discussion - Parkzone P-51 Death Roll--5 second flight !!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a PArkzone P-51 and today was my first flight.. I am pretty new to the hobby and have a little experience. I have been practicing with my Real flight G3.5 and have actualy downloaded the exact replica of the Electric Parkzone P-51 into my simulator.I have no problem at all flying the bird on the SIM.

I flew my plane for the first time today. I think it was to windy maybe..5-8mph and 12 MPh gusts.. Well I hand launched it at full throttle and it went cimbing up and then it did an immediate left bank and went straight nose into the ground.. All servos were working great.. maybe I threw it at an upward angle and did not even realize it, and it was actually a stall that I experienced..Please give me some tips, for when I rebuild it And I just got my New Parkzone Spitefire on Friday....I don't want to give it the beatdown also.

Thanks alot guys, for all your support in the past.. See ya
Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:58 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
Thanks Guys, i reall appreciate the information..
Old Feb 25, 2007, 09:01 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
I am going to try again when there is no wind..I live in Oklahoma and it is pretty windy all the time..damn it !!!!!!
Old Feb 25, 2007, 09:28 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Hand launch at 3/4 throttle, not full throttle.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:11 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
What differnce does that make?? Is that enough throttle to get her going? thanks for the Tip..
Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:37 PM
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
Yes its enough. The difference is that 3/4 throttle has LESS torque then full throttle and wont pull the plane over into a tip stall. Once the plane is actualyl flying, you can increae to full throttle and THEN make a turn.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
Speed Demon !!!!!!!!
Joined Jan 2007
114 Posts
Putting landing gear on parkzone p-51 spite fw-190

I am in the process of adding landing gear to my PZ spitfire. I have had to many accidents, trying to hand launch.. I seem to be able to start flying every time with my other planes with rolling starts.. I will post some pics real soon. Do you guys think it wil be to heavy???

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2007, 12:16 AM
Shaken not stirred
England
Joined Mar 2007
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
Yes its enough. The difference is that 3/4 throttle has LESS torque then full throttle and wont pull the plane over into a tip stall. Once the plane is actualyl flying, you can increae to full throttle and THEN make a turn.

Tip stall = The outboard end of one wing (the tip) stops developing lift, causing the plane to roll suddenly in the direction of the stalled wing. This situation is not fun when you are only a few feet off the runway trying to land.

WOT is not going to cause a tip stall.

Torque roll is when the plane turns into the direction the prop is moving, however with any airspeed you can correct a torque roll.

There really is no reason not to handlaunch @ WOT.
J4m3sB0nD is offline Find More Posts by J4m3sB0nD
Old Apr 14, 2007, 08:11 AM
Joined Jun 2006
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Freak
Do you guys think it wil be to heavy???
Depends on how you building it
yan.kun is offline Find More Posts by yan.kun