Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
Madison Wi.
Joined Jun 2003
11 Posts
Discussion
A question about a LS JS

I recently finished a Bandit, and used a GP fan in it.I came very close to a one to one ratio thrust to weight. next one needs to blow it away. I have to say that fan is cheap but you get what you pay for. I am working on a twin fan design now and was thinking about using a pair of JS motors. The recomended fan for this lokks alot like the one I just used and was very unhappy with its construction. ie hard to improve balance do to no real mass. too much vibration. very brittle plastic. Have you tested those Vasa fans and would they work? They sure look better built but maybe not? HL did not list a lot of info as far as thrust measured, velosity, loads.I don't want to experiment very much due to the kind of money this project is going to set me back.
Mad King Louie is offline Find More Posts by Mad King Louie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2007, 01:01 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,246 Posts
Have you tried the XF fan?
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:27 PM
Madison Wi.
Joined Jun 2003
11 Posts
I was hopeing you would reply.( I really like the planes you built) I have never even seen an xf fan in person. Thats why I am asking for help. The local hs is not very well stocked. Have you tried one of the great planes fans? very disapointing as far as balance, flashing all over and not a perfect casting. I have flown nitro df planes and due to the larger size of the turbax fans they were fairly simple to balance. How do you guys do it on these little pieces? If the XF fans are better thats what I'll use. I have followed the posts on the LS line of motors and hope to have a pj motor soon. I have gotten soo hooked on these little park jets I can't help myself. This whole forum should have a warning lable. I must have 10 nitro planes that did not even get started last summer.... Back to the point. If I had two of these on 3s lipo packs what do you think I could expect as far as thrust, amps and speed, assuming I use a low drag design? And can I really run these on 4s?
Thanks
Lewis
Mad King Louie is offline Find More Posts by Mad King Louie
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,246 Posts
Hi Lewis,oh yes!

You can run these on 4s! I run mine ALL the time on 4s As for your question about speed with 2 of these, go look at my thread on the 262 build. I posted a video of the maiden flight. That was 3a and only needed 40% throttle to maintain 70 mph We are building another plane for 2 JS motors and XF fans right now that will use 4s. Heck have you seen the 4s video of my 24oz Skyray? Check them out.
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent