HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by will_newton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 07:53 PM
wishes this caption was longe
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
Sold
XP-4 DLG RTF, selling for a good cause!

Yet another DLG for sale. I bought this XP-4 from another rcgroups member. It was in need of some TLC! I have done all necessary repairs, test flown it, and have it ready to go back out to another member!

Comes truly RTF:

3 JR 281 Digital servos
1 Dymond D-47 on the elevator (Brand new!)
1 neg shift Electron 6 with ch14 xtal
1 NIMH 270 mah batt.
1 Switchjack and wiring harness

This DLG had a very cleanly broken tailboom. I have repaired it.
The elevator was beyond broken repair and has been replaced with a brand new one.
The rudder was also tweaked but has been repaired.
The fuselage had a few small cracks which had been repaired. I actually re-repaired them better than before.

The wing had been repaired near the root, but still needed work, so I have repaired all the damage to the wing. The repair is very strong and other than some finger catch marks everything else on the wing looks OK. Leading edge is very good!

I have tried to be open about the condition of this DLG. I spent several hours throwing this DLG as hard as I could over and over. It handles great in the air. The control linkages are nice and tight. It needed zero rudder preset and the CG is set so it doesn't really need any elevator preset either. Flying weight is 11.5 ozs. Which is not too bad considering the larger, digital servos and repairs. Most XP-4's finish out at least 10.5ozs.

Is this DLG a beater? No.
Is this DLG an ultra light conditions sailplane? No.
Is it a super world class competition DLG? No, but it once was!

Is this DLG the perfect step up for someone with a 2-ch DLG? Yes!
How about an experienced glider pilot looking to start flying DLG? Yes!
Is it a perfect backup DLG for flying in high winds, iffy locations, and everyday flying when you don't want to have the "good" glider out? Yes!

Price is $330 + shipping (about $30 East Coast, about $45 West Coast), so $360-$375 total. I can swap out the Electron for a positive shift at no charge. Paypal only. No trades. Check the feedback, you will not have a problem!

Last thing, the proceeds from this glider sale will go directly into a fund for a memorial scholarship in my brother-in-law's name. He was killed in a car accident on Xmas day at the age of 20. So help send a kid to school! Thanks.
will_newton is offline Find More Posts by will_newton
Last edited by will_newton; Feb 19, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2007, 08:42 PM
Joined Apr 2006
805 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
pm'ed with inquiries only.
balsabozo is offline Find More Posts by balsabozo
Old Feb 19, 2007, 06:37 AM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
several PM's about the weight. I edited the listing.

A deal is pending until 8:00 Monday night EST. If I haven't heard back, it will go back on sale.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
wilson, nc, usa
Joined Dec 2005
2,214 Posts
she's sold!
Last edited by will_newton; Feb 19, 2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 08:05 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,686 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
I would have been first but this came up at the wrong time for me... funds are low...

Good luck with the sale.

Jay
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Closed Thread