SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:48 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,779 Posts
Discussion
Great aerotow day at Visalia

Days like this are the reason I am in the hobby, 78 degrees, smooth buoyant air, and smooth thermals, diving down from altitude doing lazy loops and low semi-fast passes, with a huge green carpet to land on, it just doesn't get any better, can't wait till the 3rd Saturday in March and the 3rd Saturday of every month when we all meet again at Visalia.
s2000 is offline Find More Posts by s2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:57 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,499 Posts
Our day towing down in Orange county was wild but fun too. We towed into a good 15 mph head wind, bumpy but lifty. We just took a straight line away from us and released at a nice height. My 4M glider was getting tossed about like a DLG. I was either screaming about the sky downwind or barely penetrating upwind. some nice bumps though. My second tow was the ride. Boomers all over the valley. Three times I put the gear down ready to land, then hooked up again and specked out. Handed the transmitter off for a while, then after my neck got tired did some lazy aerobatics, a downwind/bumpy speed run , a couple low altitude loops, then a nice uneventful landing. I'm with you, I'm diggin' this hobby!
Tom Ramirez
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME