HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Sullivan's Streamer S754 Smoke/Diesel & S752 Glow Fuel Electric Pumps Mini-Review

Rich Noon provides a quick look at these 2 handy new tools from Sullivan!

Splash

Introduction

Sullivan's Streamer Electric Pumps

Dimensions:3 5/8" X 1 1/4" x 1"
Capacity:33 oz/min
Voltage:6-12V
Compatibility:As stated
(NEITHER are for gasoline)
Colors:red = diesel/smoke
yellow = glow
Switch Functionality:Fill - Off - Empty
Retail Price
S752 Glow:
S754 Smoke:

$16.95
$17.95
Approx. Street Price
S752 Glow:
S754 Smoke:

$14.79
$16.49
Manufacturer: Sullivan Products
Available Online, Tower Hobbies:Glow & Smoke

A fuel pump is a fuel pump right? That is, until, miles from home, the fuel pump decides to give up the ghost. Iíve spent more than a few frustrating moments trying to figure out how to get fuel in and out of a plane after a pump started leaking, or just quit unexpectedly.

Now on the market are the Sullivan Streamer electric pumps that should last for years, and are reasonable enough in price to keep a spare in the flight box!

Features of both:

• Rugged, Reversible Gear Pump Design
  • High Flow Rates
  • 6-12 volt operation
  • Ultrasonically welded pump head
  • Direct drive pump
  • Three position Switch -- Fill-Off-Empty
  • Pre-installed alligator clips
  • Capacity 33 oz. Per minute @ 12V
  • Replacement parts are available
  • Strain relief to protect the cord/circuit board inside

Meet the Sullivan S752 Glow Fuel Pump

Sullivan S754 Smoke Oil Pump

Now here's an item I had needed for a long time! I've spent a lot of time cranking pump handles and using squeeze bulb type pumps to get smoke oil in and out of planes, and all the while wished for an electric smoke oil pump to make the job easier. I found too, that this pump would be great for the pilots that using diesel fuel powered engines!

Bench Test

In the middle of February in the Midwest, with nothing but cold and snow outside, cabin fever was quickly setting in. So I decided to bench test the fuel pump. I "borrowed" the wife's good measuring cup and got to it. More than 2 hours later, the pump continued to run flawlessly, through numerous on/off/reverse tests, etc.

Conclusion

The Sullivan pumps worked flawlessly. They were priced right, and from the quality of construction, should last for years. The smoke oil pump was something anyone who uses smoke oil or diesel fuel should have in their flight box.

You can have a beautiful day at the field, wonderful airplane, the finest radio, the best engine made and still be dead in the water at the field if your fuel pump fails. Trust me, I know...

Plusses:

• Small size
  • Durability
  • Simple design
  • Bright coloration, easy to spot, hard to confuse which pump is which
  • Quick filling rate

Minuses:

• Smoke pump didn't have switch protectors
Last edited by AMCross; Mar 15, 2007 at 08:08 PM..

Discussion

There are no posts