SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2007, 06:58 AM
Dublin, GA
Joined Jan 2007
33 Posts
Discussion
What simulators work with the esky usb controller

I purchased the esky usb controller but found out that I cant use it with some of the high dollar simulators. So my question is what is the best simulator I can buy that uses the usb controller?

I know that FMS and clearview uses the controller but any others?
charscar00 is offline Find More Posts by charscar00
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:05 AM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
569 Posts
I'm curious too
Sympster is offline Find More Posts by Sympster
Last edited by Sympster; Feb 16, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
Joined Jan 2003
1,421 Posts
Since the Esky USB controller has been discussed in numerous previous threads, there must be something you don't understand about using the search feature . . how can we help you with that?
aeropal is offline Find More Posts by aeropal
Old Feb 16, 2007, 03:02 PM
Dublin, GA
Joined Jan 2007
33 Posts
I used the search feature...why waste your and my time with a bs response

instead of posting an ignorant response why dont you just hit the back button or do you know where that is? Can I help you with that?

you try searching the words Esky and simulator and see what you get smart@$$
Old Feb 16, 2007, 04:04 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charscar00

you try searching the words Esky and simulator and see what you get smart@$$
Sh*t loads of hits !!

I don't know, you're new to the forum with a post count of 10 and start throwing insults around at regular long standing members !

A search with "Esky" returned the following (I'll only list a few - you can search for the rest)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=esky
Malc C is offline Find More Posts by Malc C
Old Feb 16, 2007, 04:55 PM
Dublin, GA
Joined Jan 2007
33 Posts
that is right, a lot of hits!! 1000 to be exact!!

I have a limited time to use the internet so I had the choice of sorting through a thousand post or just asking. I did search through quite a few threads before I posted and I searched after I posted and I did in fact find similiar postings as mine so my apologies to you all for asking a question that has already been asked.

However, most of the post I read contradicted themselves so again those post did me no good.

And your point on insulting a member is well taken but I didnt agree with him criticising me either. If my post bothered him he could have just as easily ignored it.

I enjoy this forum and use it often so I dont want to step on any toes but dont hate on me just cause I am a new member either.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
I think you'll find that most forums have the same outlook, the seasoned members will help those that have made reasonable effort to resolve an issue, but still seek help. Maybe if you had worded your original post along the lines of the your last post stating that the search function through up so many hist you're still confused.. then you would of not of received aeropal's wrath - he was actually also giving you advice, which IMO is better than ignoring a plea for help.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 05:28 PM
Dublin, GA
Joined Jan 2007
33 Posts
I appreciate your input. Thanks for being understanding. Now this thread has turned into the 1001 thread for people searching for "esky" to only find more useless info LOL.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2006
171 Posts
Quote:
I purchased the esky usb controller but found out that I cant use it with some of the high dollar simulators. So my question is what is the best simulator I can buy that uses the usb controller?
I think you'll find that Clearview is the best. There's lots of confusion on this forum regarding whether an "esky controller" is the USB esky simulator controller or an actual esky TX. I don't believe any of the "high dollar" simulators with a dongle can use the USB esky simulator controller.
jpatters is offline Find More Posts by jpatters
Old Feb 16, 2007, 07:40 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
569 Posts
The simple questions are:

When the Esky Controller is installed, does it get configured as a joystick?

If you go to Setting-Contol Panel-Game Controllers, is it listed as a installed game controller?

Can it be calibrated using the Properties button?

Does it seem stabile (i.e. not jumping around in the calibration screen)?

Now from where I see it, if the answer is yes to these questions then this controller should be able to be used on all flight sims that can have a selectable joystick input.

If anybody can answer these questions, it's much appreciated,

Sympster
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:18 PM
Joined Dec 2006
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympster
The simple questions are:

When the Esky Controller is installed, does it get configured as a joystick?

--------Yes.

If you go to Setting-Contol Panel-Game Controllers, is it listed as a installed game controller?

--------Yes.

Can it be calibrated using the Properties button?

--------Yes.

Does it seem stabile (i.e. not jumping around in the calibration screen)?

--------Yes. But it doesn't always return to the exact centered positions which Clearview doesn't like. Clearview has extra code to handle the centering problem. You would have to try it to see if it fits your style. IMO, it works ok, but a real, quality TX will certainly be better.

Now from where I see it, if the answer is yes to these questions then this controller should be able to be used on all flight sims that can have a selectable joystick input.

--------Yes. But I believe the RC "high dollar" sims with a dongle do not support joysticks.

If anybody can answer these questions, it's much appreciated,

Sympster
-----
jpatters is offline Find More Posts by jpatters
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:20 PM
Wexford, PA
Joined Mar 2001
501 Posts
Sympster,

The answer is yes to all those questions for the Esky USB controler (not the esky transmitter).

Now the question is which simulators can have a selectable joystick input? FMS and Clearview can, I don't know about the others.

Jim
Jim Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Jim Taylor
Old Feb 16, 2007, 08:53 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Taylor
Sympster,

The answer is yes to all those questions for the Esky USB controler (not the esky transmitter).

Now the question is which simulators can have a selectable joystick input? FMS and Clearview can, I don't know about the others.

Jim
Now I guess that is the next Ten Thousand Dollar Question. We all have transmitters and we all want simulators for this planes or helis we dream to fly. Can we buy a usb to our transmitter cable cheaper then this Esky usb transmitter?, I don't know. If all usb to transmitter adapters answered "YES" to all my questions, then we would probably be better off with the cable. We would be able to do all the fancy stuff that most expensive transmitters do for our real planes / helis.

I was in fact looking up transmitter interface cables when I got your response. This is a compability list for a product called Sim-Blaster. It's a usb transmitter interface. I would bet that this is also a list of all the joystick compatible flight sims. Of course I can't be for sure, but it's a start.

Simulator Software USB SimBlaster
RealFlight - Yes
RealFlight G2 non-interlink - Yes
Realflight G2 & G3 Interlink - No
FMS Included Free on CD! - Yes
PreFlight - Yes
RC Plane Master - Yes
RC-AirSim - Yes
RipMax - Yes
Clear View Simulator - Yes
Slope Soaring Simulator (Win / Mac) - Yes
X-Plane(Win / Mac) - Yes
Ikarus AeroFly Pro - Yes
as secondary interface
Ikarus EasyFly - Yes
Ikarus PicoFly - Yes
Microsoft Flight Simulators -YesR
Reflex XTR - No

Let's get this thing figured out,

Sympster
Last edited by Sympster; Feb 16, 2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 03:38 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2003
3,822 Posts
I'm not familiar with the TX in question, but do know that a lot of the cheaper eccpm helicopters that are coming out from the far east have the mixing pre-built into the transmitters, which makes using them with most simulators a tad akward as you can't remove the channel mixing.

Milehigh wings (and nos others) offer a USB interface that seperates the mixing so that you get seperate channels in the sim configuration.

Also some high end sims offer the option of using an interface the emulates a "windows joystick" as a second controller for multi player options.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:34 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5 Posts
Quote:

I know 3 simulators that work fine with the e-sky usb controller:

FMS ofcourse

Real Flight

and AeroFly Pro Deluxe (AFPD)

I think aerofly is the best option for u
neluz6 is offline Find More Posts by neluz6