HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LannyG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
Angels Camp, California
Joined Jan 2006
920 Posts
Discussion
Easy AP mount for EGE

I just threw this together and it works great. I couldn't figure how to put the cheap $39 Walmart camera on the plane without doing a bunch of cutting I didn't want to do. I figured it would be too much drag hanging out there in the breeze and it couldn't drag on the ground of course.
I rubberbanded and spot glued with hot glue and put it at the CG. I used the long piece of plywood and dowels so that the rubberbands wouldn't damage the wing. I was SURE that the weight and drag on one side would be terrible. It was just a few clicks of aileron trim and you would really have to be paying attention to notice any decrease in performance. And all you have to do to get ready is two rubberbands over the wing and plug in the servo to the rx. Used a servo hotglued to the plywood and a bellcrank made out of a servo arm hot glued to the camera. It comes off easily. I drilled some holes in the back of the plywood so I could see the lcd screen and push the buttons with a stick for deleting etc..
LannyG
LannyG is offline Find More Posts by LannyG
to remove ads between posts